Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence walks around 176? wtfffff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll definitely need to move up soon then, he's not exactly all that young in boxing terms, 27 years old. We'll probably see a sense of urgency from him to fight Thurman next if he beats Brook. His window is relatively short. No way he continues making WW for long. Maybe moves up next year.

And yeah, 176lbs sounds heavy, that's like the maximum weight you want to be at that height. Higher than that and you become a fat yank.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      I think most welters probably walk around at 170+ ..... I know for a fact Cotto and Clottey did back in the day and they weren't as tall as Spence. I think Maidana and Victor Ortiz did too.
      Na. Ortiz was usually walking around 165ish

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
        The surprising thing is he doesn't even look chunky at the weight, like Brook does.
        That's because he's noticeably taller than Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          That's because he's noticeably taller than Brook.
          Sure, but by a few inches at mos.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            Na. Ortiz was usually walking around 165ish
            Nah he rehydrated to 165ish but he walked around at atleast 170.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
              Heard someone say that he(Spence) said this at the press conference?

that is a lot of weight to cut wow

most of your favorite fighters walk around way heavy.

how else woudl they put on the 10-15 lbs after they weigh in? your best weight is the weight at whcih you do your best sparring. that's not your walking wieght, or your weigh in weight. it's when you're ready to fight. guys shed weight over weeks, and then during fight week will skip meals and limit water intake if the muyst. sweat a bit, then weight in. over 30 hours you put on the weight and, ideally, get to that magical number where you do your best sparring.

Comment

Folks saying he's a cruiserweight. They cut weight too. Cruiserweights walk around from 205-220, that's far above 176.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Pretty sure they stepped on the showtime scales.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Fl...Marcos_Maidana

first fight marcos was 165 fight night.
                  I just found weird that Maidana put on 12 pounds of muscle in comparison to the Lopez fight... weird. Maybe he had clothes on and cell phone etc. Maybe he was with gloves on etc.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    most of your favorite fighters walk around way heavy.

how else woudl they put on the 10-15 lbs after they weigh in? your best weight is the weight at whcih you do your best sparring. that's not your walking wieght, or your weigh in weight. it's when you're ready to fight. guys shed weight over weeks, and then during fight week will skip meals and limit water intake if the muyst. sweat a bit, then weight in. over 30 hours you put on the weight and, ideally, get to that magical number where you do your best sparring.
                    Hey man not seeing you often nowadays, hope all is fine

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Nah he rehydrated to 165ish but he walked around at atleast 170.
                      No. I saw him in person in between the berto I and Floyd fight. I asked what he was weighing. He told me about 165 and it seemed right. This was before the Floyd fight was even signed so he wasn't in camp yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X