Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence walks around 176? wtfffff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would surprise a lot of people if they knew what many fighters walk around weighing. Back in the early 90s I wrestled at a small Div 3 college and it was not uncommon for guys to drop 25lbs in a week to hit a weekend tournament. Given in boxing, the training camp is several weeks 30 to 40 pounds is doable. Sustainable, not really. There are probably a good portion that get down to 5% body fat and then wring out another 5 to 10 pounds of water weight just to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
      like y'all two countrymen in they countries biggest fight, 2 fighters both renowned for being the worst weight bullies both from mexico.

Good post.

That oily scab should be the last to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
        You gonna have to cite sources if you gon make claims like that...
        Just a couple of guys from the St Thomas boxing gym, before the Golovkin fight I believe Eddie Hearn mentioned it as well. You saw what he looked like in underwear at the 30 day weigh in for Golovkin. 176 without much fat. If you think he bulked up two divisions of lean weight in the few weeks between being scheduled for a welter defence and agreeing to fight GGG,then you must think he had some good drugs. He's alway had to shed alot of weight. He's heavier than Spence for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Fighter View Post
          I think it would surprise a lot of people if they knew what many fighters walk around weighing. Back in the early 90s I wrestled at a small Div 3 college and it was not uncommon for guys to drop 25lbs in a week to hit a weekend tournament. Given in boxing, the training camp is several weeks 30 to 40 pounds is doable. Sustainable, not really. There are probably a good portion that get down to 5% body fat and then wring out another 5 to 10 pounds of water weight just to make weight.
          Yeah, my nephew walks around at 188,competes in MMA at 155.Barely gets any money on the cage rage circuit, nearly kills himself. Takes growth hormone and other stuff. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            They're both the same weight. Huge Welterweights that should probably be fighting at 154
            Brook walks at about 180.

Comment

Working...
            X