No announcement yet.

ESPN Pound for Pound Rankings: GGG is the new No. 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    it seems like lots of people have golovkin as pound for pound number 1 outside of this forum....
    They also have Wilder as #11.

HAHAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      I think you can make a case for Thurman now with the very convincing win over Garcia whose resume is strong.

Rigo has been slowly moving out of favor in p4p lists understandably. He is still generally ranked at the best in his weight class doe.
      Thurman barely got through Porter and then refused to put his foot down against Garcia but I guess in a weak era Thurman can be top 10...at a stretch.

Rigo is the real issue. I'm not even sure how he can be the best at 122 when his best opponent since Nonito is...I dunno, Agbeko? The last defence of his so called world title was Jazza Dickens...a ****in malnourished journeyman. That was a shameful fight.

rigo should be stripped of his title, let alone the p4p bs.

Comment

I think you can make a case for Thurman now with the very convincing win over Garcia whose resume is strong.

Rigo has been slowly moving out of favor in p4p lists understandably. He is still generally ranked at the best in his weight class doe.
        yep, got thurman quite high up on mine...

Comment

This thread is 'The fair and objective Boxrec' all over again.

As soon as one source says what some posters are thinking, they pull out all these superlatives and positive things to say about the source. If ESPN were to put Ward ahead of GGG in 6 months from now, TS would make no such thread about it.
          It's jubei, so he will slip up and discredit ESPN in the future and you will be there to catch his quote like we all expect you to. He will get Shabrankyy'ed again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Don't worry I'm not using that as the sole factor in how I reevaluate a fight. It's just nice to see multiple perspectives.
            I can show the forum every frame on this fight and it wouldn't change a damn thing -- trust me I tried it ; when the clean punches favors the other side suddenly these guys become fans of slick boxing. I seen it over and over throughout the years now in this case of bigdramashow its the JAB 'oh that powaful jab son!!!' if it wasnt the jab or power punches then tha boy would become 'sweet-pea' Golovkin....its not knocking a certain group, every side does this.
            Last edited by 1hourRun; 03-23-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

lol Ward - 0 first place votes

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                congratulations to ggg!!!! Long overdue and well deserved after a great win on saturday night!!!!!
                so calling a guy with exactly one quality win (only won that one by razor thin decision) #1 P4P is long overdue and well deserved? Are you truly this stupid or are you blinded by man love?

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
                  HOWEVER, I just don't see how he moves up with that performance, against a dude who IS NOT a p4per.

I mean, the fight was very close. Based on that fight, I cant say with certainty that GGG is better than Jacobs. I think he is, and I would anticipate GGG winning a rematch, but I cant say that with certainty based on the fight.

I actually dropped GGG from #4 to #5 (between Bud & Loma).
                  s.
                  Ggg doesn't move down rather Jacobs moves up, he is better than stopping 13 of his last opponents suggest.? Jacobs might have been a pfp without being given the recognition he deserves.

So you can't say ggg can't move up based on that performance. Jacobs performed out of his skin. Ggg won in Jacobs backyard. I never underestimate that, though some try to.
                  So ggg isn't no1 pfp when he destroys everyone and he also isn't when he has a competitive fight which he wins? Damned if you do and damned if you don't! Ggg had off night. Ggg can't destroy everyone there was going to come a day when he'd be taken distance when judges will have earned their money coming up with right verdict! Otherwise he'd be a machine and ggg isn't a machine, just the best pfp on the planet
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 03-23-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Ggg doesn't move down rather Jacobs moves up, he is better than stopping 13 of his last opponents suggest.? Jacobs might have been a pfp without being given the recognition he deserves.

So you can't say ggg can't move up based on that performance. Jacobs performed out of his skin. Ggg won in Jacobs backyard. I never underestimate that, though some try to.
                    So ggg isn't no1 pfp when he destroys everyone and he also isn't when he has a competitive fight which he wins? Damned if you do and damned if you don't! Ggg had off night. Ggg can't destroy everyone there was going to come a day when he'd be taken distance when judges will have earned their money coming up with right verdict! Otherwise he'd be a machine and ggg isn't a machine, just the best pfp on the planet
                    This is circular logic. You start by assuming GGG is a top p4p fighter. When he squeaks by Jacobs, you raise Jacobs status up...

GGG moved down to #5 on my list because I placed him to high at #4, despite the lack of very good fighters on his resume.

I had him as high as #4 based a bit on "faith" - because he looked so good destroying solid contenders -- so I had faith he could beat a good fighter like Jacobs clearly and solidify that he belonged high on the p4p list.

That faith in GGG was not exactly confirmed. Maybe it was just a bad day at the office for him? But you rank fighters based on their performances, and this was not a great performance. If GGG were to destroy BJS or Canelo in his next fight, maybe he would move up (Canelo is a better test than BJS).

If he struggled again, he wouldn't move up and dudes like Loma, maybe Pac, LSC would overtake him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      He's firm but high!!!
                      Mr. Unfair an full of shyt.

Comment

Working...
                      X