No announcement yet.

ESPN Pound for Pound Rankings: GGG is the new No. 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    thats crazy; ward beat kovalev (who is a monster) controversially and GGG beat jacobs (not on KOV's level) controversially

and somehow that makes GGG number 1
    you can't say controversially when most people felt that GGG won.

most polls NSB, Badlefthook, a few twitter polls all say that GGG won, where is the controversy? Unless you mean that every close decision (within 2 rounds) is a controversy

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/19...core-the-fight

Comment

GGGaggers are latching onto anything and everything to defend their fallen hero.

Amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
        thats crazy; ward beat kovalev (who is a monster) controversially and GGG beat jacobs (not on KOV's level) controversially

and somehow that makes GGG number 1
        Ward beat kov controversially, rather robbery more like it. GGG beat Jacobs comfortsaby, with GGG having off night.
        Yes GGG deserves no1. If you thin k you can downplay GGG on the basis he went the distance why csant you UP PLAY GGG when he stops everyone?
        Gggs no1 place isn't down to just his last fight

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          don't hate. wilder is the most dominant heavyweight champ of all time.
          Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          LMAO just saw that comon now
          Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          After reading theses "experts" full list, it's pretty difficult to distinguish them from "experts" on this site. Bottom line, these guys list are no more credible than the list of most posters.
          All jokes aside, how in the hell does Wilder's name come up in a vote on the best p4p boxers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yeah that was the thing that made me LMFAO!!

How can anyone think a poll is credible when Deontay Wilder is the 11th best p4p fighter in the world.
            This thread is 'The fair and objective Boxrec' all over again.

As soon as one source says what some posters are thinking, they pull out all these superlatives and positive things to say about the source. If ESPN were to put Ward ahead of GGG in 6 months from now, TS would make no such thread about it, much as Freedom made no such thread about Mayweather being Boxrec's P4P #1 of all time.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            All jokes aside, how in the hell does Wilder's name come up in a vote on the best p4p boxers?
            I'm not sure where I would rate Wilder, but there is no chance he touches my top 10. I understand that he got a little unfortunate with happenings lately, but he still needs some more noteworthy wins to merit that discussion.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-23-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

congratulations to ggg!!!! Long overdue and well deserved after a great win on saturday night!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                Wilder had 5 votes and Valdez had 2
                he didn't have 5 votes, he had 5 points, he was voted 7th on one p4p list and 10th on another p4p list. that being said he isn't on my top 10 p4p list and i can't justify him making it to the list until he has at least 1 but likely 2 notable wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                  he didn't have 5 votes, he had 5 points, he was voted 7th on one p4p list and 10th on another p4p list.
                  Thanks for the clarification. That vote for 7th is a headscratcher.

Comment

Bigdunny1 is a child molester

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      This thread is 'The fair and objective Boxrec' all over again.

As soon as one source says what some posters are thinking, they pull out all these superlatives and positive things to say about the source. If ESPN were to put Ward ahead of GGG in 6 months from now, TS would make no such thread about it, much as Freedom made no such thread about Mayweather being Boxrec's P4P #1 of all time.

I'm not sure where I would rate Wilder, but there is no chance he touches my top 10. I understand that he got a little unfortunate with happenings lately, but he still needs some more noteworthy wins to merit that discussion.
                      Exactly. I mean I didn't even realize it. I figured I'd troll him a bit with the no black voters thing.

then I went back and read it after DInamita03's post and said WTF Wilder is really there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ESPN

If Rafael really loved the sport he'd quit in protest over such ******ation. Well he's got a new baby and a wife so maybe he should just fast until the next rankings come out.

Comment

Working...
                      X