Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin get the same criticism as Ward if he doesn't rematch Jacobs ASAP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward vs Koval was a very close fight where both men shared controlling the action.
    GGG vs Danny was not like that at all, Danny had a few rounds he won when GGG stepped off his pedal and didn't do much. When GGG added tempo and stalked Danny he was in control.

No one is talking about GGG head & shoulder movement!!!
    People were going crazy after the Brooks fight saying he had NO Defense! Well the vast majority of Danny's shots were off the gloves or glancing shots. GGG displayed a good defense against a taller opponent, do you guys actually WATCH what the hell is going down? hahahaha........
    Ray

Comment

Only because he is white if he was black, like Mayweather they would lynch him u and the press.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
        By all indicators GGG wants Saunders next in his home country.

Now he's just been in a tough fight in which many (including me) thought he lost. Why shouldn't he get the same criticism as Ward who is perceived (wrongly) to be ducking the Kovalev rematch?

Surely Golovkin wants to cement his credibility by putting all doubts to rest? Why is he not given the same level of criticism as Ward would be if he avoided the Kovalev rematch?
        He's receiving, but not from the same people/fans.

Comment

By all indicators GGG wants Saunders next in his home country.

Now he's just been in a tough fight in which many (including me) thought he lost. Why shouldn't he get the same criticism as Ward who is perceived (wrongly) to be ducking the Kovalev rematch?

Surely Golovkin wants to cement his credibility by putting all doubts to rest? Why is he not given the same level of criticism as Ward would be if he avoided the Kovalev rematch?
          Golovkin hasn't started talking about retirement yet has he?

Comment

It's not about the rematch clause.

It's about respect and reputation.
            Respect and reputation.
            Ward has no respect and **** reputation.
            That's why he's playing games, talking about retirement and dragging his feet.
            Golovkin already has his next fight lined up.

Ward is a part time UK commentator and co-manager lol

Comment

One was a robbery, one wasn't. Ggg has other options, ward doesnt

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Ward vs Koval was a very close fight where both men shared controlling the action.
                GGG vs Danny was not like that at all, Danny had a few rounds he won when GGG stepped off his pedal and didn't do much. When GGG added tempo and stalked Danny he was in control.

No one is talking about GGG head & shoulder movement!!!
                People were going crazy after the Brooks fight saying he had NO Defense! Well the vast majority of Danny's shots were off the gloves or glancing shots. GGG displayed a good defense against a taller opponent, do you guys actually WATCH what the hell is going down? hahahaha........
                Ray
                Glad a respected poster saw the same as me. Jacobs wasn't landing many solid clean shots at all. I know I'm bias but genuinely I swear I have no idea how.people had Jacobs winning that. He did well and frustrated ggg but offensively there wasn't a lot getting through. Jacobs surpassing expectations doesn't mean it was a robbery or warrants an immediate rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Mayweather v Maidana
                  Mayweather v Castillo

Didn't have rematch clauses for the opponent. The fans thought the fights were close and Floyd gave them an immediate rematch without having to legally honor one.

But again, comparing GGG to something Mayweather would do is raising the standards and implying that GGG is great. He's good, but not great. So we shouldn't expect him to push himself against challenges or give rematches to fighters who may have beaten him.

No rematch clause, no rematch has to be honored. The career of a non a HOF'er.
                  I was about to post the samething, Mayweather had two tight fights, and gave both of them rematches

Comment

It's not about the rematch clause.

It's about respect and reputation.
                    ... why don't go and ask Ward about "respect and reputation"?

Comment

No, he will not. It's ironic because most of Ward's haters and detractors are actually Golovkin's fans. They set the bar higher for Ward than they do for Golovkin. It's like Andre is held to a much higher and different standard.

In any case, GGG's handlers as well as many of his loyal fan base have a vested interest in keeping him winning and undefeated. He got quite the scare there on last Saturday night.

So don't expect a rematch anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X