Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin get the same criticism as Ward if he doesn't rematch Jacobs ASAP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys swear everything is apples to apples. There are huge differences here.

1. More people thought Golovkin won.
    2. There was no rematch called for in the contract (and Golovkin doesn't have reputation for not honoring contracts)
    3. There is no indication that Jacobs wants an immediate rematch.

Comment

Because people is fuc.kin hypocritical.

Is the same reason nobody critics Roman Coward Gonzalez for ducked Estrada two years in flyweight, and refused two times the rematch with Cuadras, never unified in 4 divisions and be called #1 for 0 reasons.

I'm a fan of GGG but the correct is a immediate rematch, Jacobs deserved, that was a very close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        No. Close but comfortable. Not controversial. Ward was robbery decision.
        Comfortable my balls, it was very close. Not a robbery but very very close.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          You guys swear everything is apples to apples. There are huge differences here.

1. More people thought Golovkin won.
          2. There was no rematch called for in the contract (and Golovkin doesn't have reputation for not honoring contracts)
          3. There is no indication that Jacobs wants an immediate rematch.
          Just stop it.

Comment

There was no rematch clause, so Golovkin shouldn't take as much heat. Ward is contractually obligated to rematch Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Mayweather v Maidana
              Mayweather v Castillo

Didn't have rematch clauses for the opponent. The fans thought the fights were close and Floyd gave them an immediate rematch without having to legally honor one.

But again, comparing GGG to something Mayweather would do is raising the standards and implying that GGG is great. He's good, but not great. So we shouldn't expect him to push himself against challenges or give rematches to fighters who may have beaten him.

No rematch clause, no rematch has to be honored. The career of a non a HOF'er.
              you are right, it would imply that Golovkin can force his opponents to wear feather fisted gloves and demand every possible advantage in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Just stop it.
                more people thought golovkin won, show me one source that says otherwise (aside from a fake racist website).

Majority of NSB posters thought he won and many of them ******s... just look at the guy i am quoting.

Montero did a poll on his twitter and majority thought he won. so please show me evidence instead of your ******ity when you claim that most people thought Jacobs won.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Ward signed a rematch clause beforehand.

Jacobs did not.

End thread.
                  Correct.

P.S. Golovkin did not get dropped and still get the decision!

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                    you are right, it would imply that Golovkin can force his opponents to wear feather fisted gloves and demand every possible advantage in the contract.
                    Maidana tried to cheat....thats thats he gets. And when you're the A side you can do that.

Comment

The fight was very close. I had the KD as the difference. If the judges had said Jacobs, I would have accepted that as the result.

I cant say with certainty that GGG is better than Jacobs. Just like even though I thought Kova beat Ward (and that is the result I run with), I cant say with certainty that Kova is better than Ward.

This fight needs a rematch.

HOWEVER. the June fight was already in motion, and its too quick to put Jacobs there

And Canelo will pay at least 3 or 4 times as much as a rematch. You cant fault a man for chasing big money.

I really hope Jacobs gets a rematch, he deserves it. But Im not faulting GGG like I would Ward.

Ward doesn't really have any other options. He was talking about RETIRING rather than the rematch. I mean if Ward fought Stevenson instead of Kova, I wouldn't complain.

In any case, people complained up and down about Ward, when it was all probably a negotiating ploy by Ward. I mean, the rematch is likely happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X