No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    that poster LITERALLY stated that when he watched the fight he thought Jacobs won..... but then changed his mind when he saw compubox

you can't make this shht up
    at least he respecks those 2 guys counting punches. some people refuse to acknowledge them unless their guy wins. a fight fan is either for or against compubox. you cant have it both ways.

i figured dj needed a kd or 2 to truly even it up or some clearly dominant rds. switching to lefty worked although he looked clumsy AF. could have sworn 3g would have pounce on that.

it was an ok fight where the better man won. the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      does someone wanna make 2 polls..... ?

1) should Golovkin give Jacobs an immediate rematch ?
      * yes
      * no

2) is Golovkin avoiding Jacobs if he refuses to give him an immediate rematch?
      * yes
      * no
      3) will 3g get 15+ mill for a dj rematch

Comment

• Absolutely great night of fights. Without a doubt worth the $$, great card top to bottom!

Going to be watching out for more of Martin. Blue chip looks solid as **** and has a giant frame to grow into. Should be a fun fighter to watch.

Cuadras looked OK. Didn't really have me salivating to see him in with Roman anytime soon. Least exciting fight on the card IMO.

I didn't wade through 72 pages but I'm sure most are surprised Gonzales lost. I thought he won the fight. Took him awhile to get his motor running, but I was surprised at the decision.

Big props to both Daniel and GGG. This was intense as ****, and I was so tuned in to the fight. Maybe some good green will do that for you, but regardless, I was transfixed and could barely even hear the HBO crew. I was watching as a fan, but after 3 rounds of even action, grabbed some paper and scored the fight.

I agree with Daniel, I thought he won the fight! This obviously could have gone either way, but I had him up 114/113, even with GGG edging him in the 12th. He was a boss in there and did his thing! Kinda felt sorry for the dude, but he'll have so much fan support and has nothing to hang his head about.

As far as a rematch--lets see what Chavez can do to Canelo and then go from there. If Ginger wins, Jacobs takes a back seat to the biggest fight in boxing. If he looses, I'm 100% down for a rematch.

Interested to know if people in attendance could see the obvious size difference between the two fighters. Clearly evident on TV...
        Last edited by taste; 03-20-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taste View Post
          As far as a rematch--lets see what Chavez can do to Canelo and then go from there. If Ginger wins, Jacobs takes a back seat to the biggest fight in boxing. If he looses, I'm 100% down for a rematch.
          I think this pretty much hits the nail on the head.

I though GGG won it in a very close decision, had the knockdown, and had the hype behind him. Not that the latter two things should matter to the cards, but... Would a draw or marginal loss have been conceivable? Yeah, there were a lot of rounds where there was no clear winner. So, GGG should try to make the 'big fight', but Jacobs has a case for a rematch.

Comment

• Jacobs can wait. Golovkin deserves his shot to grab the last belt -- his longtime goal -- and fight Canelo, a fight that's already way overdue. And boxing fans have been waiting too long to see the biggest matchup in the sport.

Comment

• Jacob still sucks but he gave it all he had can't bash him for trying , this is one of those times where if he fought ggg 100 times he would get ktfo 99 times and that one time he goes the distance. This happens to be the one time he goes the distance

Comment

• Saunders is a safe move at this point. Beat him in June, go for Canelo in September, and after that depending on how it plays out, GGG-Canelo rematch or Jacobs.

It makes no sense to just go ahead and give Jacobs a immediate rematch, especially when there was a clause in there to begin with, the decision was unanimous, and it's not like the fight was an absolute barnburner. It was entertaining, nothing spectacular.

No robbery here, GGG won, and Jacobs stock doesn't dip in the slightest.

I'm slightly upset that this might mean Canelo will legitimately have a shot at winning all the belts AND having the lineal title in a single fight. If there's a window of opportunity for Canelo, it is NOW.
                Last edited by TintaBoricua; 03-20-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• did anyone notice how loeffler was barely watching the fight lol ,he was looking down for most of it. And pretty sure he was sitting next to a ******

Comment

• Fight was close. Danny edged it out. HBO's commentators are so afraid of losing their superhero that they have to score every round even someone close to Triple G, Their Cash Cow. Let's just honest. Triple G wouldn't last the distance with the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones or Tommy Hearns. I can also add in Gerald McClellan and Marvin Hagler. His title run has been the weakest I've ever seen in the middle for someone who has been giving nothing but the keys to the throne

Comment

Working...
                      X