No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
    Watched the fight, thought Jacobs did fantastically well, and at the end felt there were no losers. Jacobs just fell short though, GGG edged it.

So was really surprised to see the word 'robbery' afterwards. huh ? I think the only way you can read it that way is to be biased one way or another. If you give credit for what Jacobs did and no credit for what Golovkin did, then sure, Jacobs won easily (and could also look at it the other way of course, but thats equally biased).

But Golovkin edged the fight on the criteria used to score boxing based on what they both did in there.

Hopefully it makes Saunders think he can go that extra inch and take Golovkin and we get to see that fight too.
    Of course, I usually root for GGG... But this time I would have liked to see that Jacobs was awarded the decision...

Comment

• I got each winning 6 rds(Draw) but with the knockdown making it differently in the scorecards??

Comment

• Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
        Golovkin won this fight you clowns. No robbery. I had it 115- 113
        I had it same. It was a clear UD. But like i've scored fights in the past it went down to the last round and maybe even the last 30 seconds i still had it tied. Bravo to Danny for being there with him the whole way. He took some decent right hands and Gennady landed some nice upper cuts but i def have to favor for GGG with all his jabs to the head. He was lighting danny up at times while Danny had moments of gassing a little between rounds 9-11.

Golovkin fought more cautious than usual and didn't take many risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
          I saw the Boxnation Version and i think the commentators were right on point.
          Im a longtime GGG-supporter but he lost tonight. Im not angry about the decision though because Jacobs refused the second weigh inn and so he does not deserve the victory. His plan to come in as big as possible worked.

that is ridiculous

that is an IBF rule, so how could that possibly affect the WBC/WBA..... or more importantly, the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brz_Pugilist View Post
            Golovkin won this fight you clowns. No robbery. I had it 115- 113
            I'm on page 5 of comments on the site where users praise GGG and first t pages had 2 trolls who say he won.. everyone seems to feel the same that Jacob's won by about 2 rounds at least. The knockdown was GGGS only good point and he was being out boxed up till than as well as after. You need to be honest bro. Stuff like this is ruining combat sports. Not just boxing. MMA is full of political decisions as well but this one was a clear cut robbery brother. Not attacking you, just sayin put the trolling down on this one. This was universa GGG lost. Same crowd that was cheering him heavily booed the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Punch Stats
              PUNCHES
              Landed GOLOVKIN 231 JACOBS 175
              Thrown GOLOVKIN 615 JACOBS 541
              Percent GOLOVKIN 38% JACOBS 32%
              -- Courtesy of CompuBox

(Note: Gonzalez outlanded the Thay with about 200 punches)...
              Yea i'm still shocked Gonzalez lost that fight. Gonzalez had the Thai fighter hurt several times and landed so many clean shots to the head. Terrible decision by Lederman she fkn sucks and fk Feldman. These judges should be handled by the commission.

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                Salty, much? GGG knocked Jacobs down FFS and had him stumbling at the end of one of the later rounds. He hurt him twice.

that was one soft knockdown. ''technically'' a kd but we all know it was more of an off balance thing.

it was a very close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Punch Stats
                  PUNCHES
                  Landed GOLOVKIN 231 JACOBS 175
                  Thrown GOLOVKIN 615 JACOBS 541
                  Percent GOLOVKIN 38% JACOBS 32%
                  -- Courtesy of CompuBox

(Note: Gonzalez outlanded the Thay with about 200 punches)...
                  careful, there are people here that mock punch stats. if the stats were the same but dj won, there would be 100's of threads stating punch stats to support their outrage

chico/sor fight

Comment

• I guess I can see the case for Jacobs but much like the Ward-Kovalev fight I think that is the wrong interpretation of the fight.

My scorecards with the comments I made after each round.

----GGG--JACOBS
                    1. 10--9----close, either
                    2. 10--9----close-ish but GGG
                    3. 9--10----close but left hook from JACOBS, either
                    4. 10--8----clear GGG round, JACOBS down
                    5. 10--9----clear GGG round
                    6. 9--10----close but JACOBS
                    7. 9--10----ditto, even closer
                    8. 10--9----clear GGG round
                    9. 10--9----JACOBS slightly hurt
                    10. 9--10----clear JACOBS round
                    11. 9--10----first 2mins GGG, last min JACOBS big left hook last couple of secs
                    12. 10--9----close, big effort from JACOBS but better quality from GGG

----115--112

Comment

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                      I'll say it once. say it again.

if body punches count. if body punching means anything.. then that fight was NOT close. period.

DJ controlled the pace. he was tagging GGG with combos at close range, destroying his ribs. and when he chose to stick and move he made GGG look silly, slow, confused and pathetic.

look at how these people are saying GGG won the fight with JUST a jab..but say Kovalev beat Ward because the only punch Ward had success with was a jab.

I'm keeping a close eye on you mofos.

again I picked GGG by KO. but sickened by this result. DJ dominated.
                      if he was destroying his ribs, and I am DJ fan;

How in hell was Golovkin breathing almost normally when the fight ended?

For real, he won and that is it.

I was not rooting for anyone of them.
                      After GGG dismantled KB I am not too fond of him, but he won the fight clearly.

I said it once and will say it again, this guy does subtle things and he does them like JCC Sr, very very well.

Comment

Working...
                      X