Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on GGG's worst night. he wins a UD while KD his opponent.

Hagler. Hopkins. Robinson. Monzon all lost.

GGG still GOAT

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      Jacobs vs Ward or Canelo are the fights I wanna see now, GGG just hasn't the skill size or power to beat the pound for pound no.1 Ward at 168 GGG should stay at 160.
      You are a doo doo skin ******

Comment

• I didn't expect Jacobs to keep the pressure for a long as he did. I had it five round to seven in favor of Golovkin. I had GGG getting Rounds 1 and 3, with Jacobs getting Round 2, but they were such close rounds that they could have easily swung in any combination. Neither dominated the other. There was much respect gained of GGG, and that worked to Jacob's advantage. I honestly thought it would not go past six rounds with Jacobs being knocked out. I was sooo wrong on that end.
        I didn't care for GGG trying to play it off as though he was trying to put in rounds for a decision fight. That's BS for sure. And Jacobs was just as bad insinuating that the outcome was political.
        But let's agree to call this what it is, a close competitive fight where both men used different strategies and styles and were pretty much equally effective in doing so. I thought Golovkin edged it, but it was difficult for him for sure. Jacobs gave an excellent account of himself. Bottom line, this wasn't a robbery. Either guy could have won as the fight was that close. Seems that when a persona favorite loses a close fight that's the definition of a robbery.
        Hey, I scored the fight a razor close win for Chocolatito and he lost. I'm not crying foul or robbery in that fight. It was close. So be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
          Is that canelo in your sig? Is he gay?

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            lol Jacobs lost the last round. Very foolish in a fight where you got violently knocked down, stunned several other times, swollen faced and generally never hurt a champ of this caliber who you really gotta beat clearly to win. No robbery whatsoever. Jacobs showed great heart, good performance, but GGG won this one. I loved the fight. "This is boxing".
            I agree, it was a treat for fans. Excellent night of fights!

I think whenever a guy is expected to blow the other guy out of the water by a large amount of people, but instead the fight is very competitive and close, people tend to score the underdog more favorably because of the fact that they are doing better than expected. I can think of numerous examples such as Eric Morales vs Maidana, where everyone assumed Morales was totally shot and even protested the fight because they feared it was such a massive mismatch and yet the fight turned out extremely competitive, I remember how many people were screaming robbery but if you watch the fight objectively it was clearly a fight Maidana won (and I'm not saying this fight was anything like that, simply using it as an example when a lot of fans scored favorably to the underdog just because he did a lot better than expected). I see that happening here on boxingscene simply because Golovkin didn't destroy Jacobs.

Jacobs though is the #2 middleweight for a reason - he's a good fighter. He fought hard and very passionately. He's be a long way since getting best by Pirog years ago, and I already thought that showed by his 12 fight KO streak, but tonight he really proved it. I had a feeling over the past several weeks this was going to be a good one and i certainly walked away feeling satisfied and got my money's worth. I think Jacobs earned the respect of millions of people which is great because I believe he did well enough to deserve a rematch, which they might as well since Canelo won't fight till the end of the year at the earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
              What idiot expected GGG towalk through Jacobs though? As if Jacobs wasnt 32-1 for nothing. What the **** is wrong with people? According to some, GGG sucks but now he sucks because he didnt KO Jacobs early? No wonder why nobody cares about boxing with a loser fanbase like this

Originally posted by NYG View Post
              Amazing. I didnt see the fight but reading the comments here round by round made it seem like GGG got shutout. Then a bunch of people scream robbery and the other half say GGG win. I'll watch the fight on youtube but my god, this place is a gigantic pile of garbage. Racists and dumb people who know nothing about the sport.

This guy is new here.... Welcome to NSB. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
                So because he didnt knock him out by the 10th, GGG is done? What a dumb statement. You realize Jacobs is a GREAT fighter right? You expected GGG to walk through him? Wow
                Wrong, he should have stopped him by the fourth or fifth but allowed Jacobs to survive. The irony of it all is so amazing to me. Before the fight, nobody on this forum gave Jacobs a chance; Much less his fan boys. They pretty much predicted Knockout #34. Now that he has been exposed, the same ones want to walk back their previous comments. However you are correct. I predicted the right winner. So that's all that should matter to me.
                Last edited by champion4ever; 03-19-2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Jacobs refused to go on the scales...
                  Really?! Damn...

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                    Don't forget- not only did GGG knock down Jacobs, but I think he also hurt him at the end of one of the later rounds (8 or 9 maybe) and Jacobs was stumbling at the end

Golovin not only out-jabbed Jacobs by a large margin- but he did most of the major damage with his power punches, hurting Danny twice
                    Knocked him down, hurt him a few times, out-jabbed him, out-boxed him, walked him down, and all the while looking way worse/flatter than he normally does.

Anyone who thinks Danny won 7 rounds in insane

Comment

• reminiscent of Sturm/DLH. no way was HBO gonna allow Sturm to ruin the Hopkins/DLH megafight.

same deal tonight. this was boxing politics and HBO ****ery to go ahead with a GGG/Canelo showdown.

Jacobs won the inside battle and he made GGG look slow and pathetic when he chose to stick and move.

I'm convinced now that body punching means absolutely nothing. Jacobs did ALL the body work, he was punishing GGG downstairs. if you count that there is no way GGG won. none.

we might as well bring the amateur system into the pros where only head shots matter. this is nonsense.

fight was NOT close. GGG looked basic. 9-3 or 8-4 just to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X