No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    This is why I kept saying Team GGG need to take that Canelo fight before GGG gets older, if they drag their feet over money then GBP would love that even more. The later the fights happens the better for GBP.
    Doesn't matter when they accept the offer because the fight was never going to happen before September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
      Little G fans thinking it was back to NASCAR and the Hot Dog Eating Contest for them before the decision was announced:

I could possibly be wrong here I'm pretty sure NASCAR fans and hot dog eating contest fans make up about 0.000000000000001 percent of Golovkins fan base, don't quote me on that, just a wild guess. Your the same person who said Jacobs fans thought it was back to producing local rap artist records and playing 5 on 5 errrday all-day at the local b-ball court behind the police station. What is it with you homie???

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
        No doubt. Agree 100%. I wouldn't say GGG had the better defense, as Jacobs movement played a huge part in him not being flattened and KO'd basically, but he was more cautious then against Brook, obviously.
        GGG was avoiding Danny's punches without moving and flopping around the ring, or clinching.

Danny was in survival mode in that fight, with lots of heart and lots of shoe-shining. He collapsed at the end with exhaustion. He had no balance for the last third of that fight.

He had a good middle segment where he won a few round.

BUT HE DID NOT WIN THAT FIGHT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali37 View Post
          Gennady "gift" Golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
            Thanks for the smart eye compliment billy firstly....i want to add it was a close fight with a round separating them.....the reason why i thought golovkin just came up short is because he was missing an awful lot and not punching enough when in range.....to me golovkin looked flat and didnt have that edge he normally has...jacobs used movement and handspeed and took triple gggs best at the end of the dsy.....i think a rematch is in order
            Great post. I was exceptionally disappointed by Golovkin.

Comment

• Didn't they show jacobs weight tonight? I just got home from work and wasn't able to watch

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                That's what I got... 114 -113 Jacobs ...At that point I knew it could go either way though ...
                Jacobs really impressed me!... I thought that the scorecards were all in his favor (before they announced the winner's name)...

Afterwards I just checked the CompuBox stats: GGG was ahead...

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  I agree. We really need to clamp down on NSB and get rid of 50% of the posters here, would make it a far more enjoyable experience.

We're all on the same team here guys... boxing lovers, for the love of god just please look at GGG with some objectivity... your heroes are all safe!!! (except Canelo)
                  Amazing. I didnt see the fight but reading the comments here round by round made it seem like GGG got shutout. Then a bunch of people scream robbery and the other half say GGG win. I'll watch the fight on youtube but my god, this place is a gigantic pile of garbage. Racists and dumb people who know nothing about the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    Look at jacobs face and tell me who got his ears busted up?

GGG edged the close rounds with his jab,

The thing is GGG won 4 rounds of the 6 first rounds and scored a KD, then Jacobs almost had to win all the remaining round, he won most of them.

He lost the fight by losing the 12th.

I agree with Harold card (as usual, I think he's more often right than judges).

whats next, slomo ?

Comment

• and...stillll...

Comment

Working...
                      X