No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ernie Mavers View Post
    GGG is clearly declining. The Brook fight looms large in retrospect, what we saw that night should have been an indicator.

Jacobs fought GGG to a standstill, and its so damaging to GGG's resume, because no we know for a fact the man had not fought anybody, his entire image has been cultivated with weak competition.

He looked slow, his power did not have the same pop, and he was getting tagged by Jacobs, he also looked soft as ice cream to the body.

Jacobs won this fight in many peoples minds, and that alone drops GGG's stock, he is supposed to be a wrecking machine, and tonight, he looked looked past his sell by date, he was exposed by Jacobs during long stretches of the fight.

He won't be able to escape the name Danny Jacobs, people will question his manhood if he ducks the fight.

And all the people on these threads that kill ward for not taking the Kov rematch, I best here ALL of you call out GGG to give Jacobs a second bite at the apple.
    So in other words you rank Jacobs as a sub-par talent, you guys kill me with this "he looked horrible" Jacobs is no slouch wipe out the Pirog fight and there isn't anything bad to say about Jacobs. The #1 and #2 fighters fought, fk you expect one to blow the other one out?

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
    This. I can agree Jacobs didn't win but I had him winning 114-113, exceptionally tight fight GGG just never really looked great tonight I think he's simply not as good as I thought he was he's generally exposed against skilled class boxers. He's still elite but Danny is on the same level, Pirog was a level above both.
    Dude Pirog was a beast but again just like the other cat you call Danny elite one minute but then act when someone doesn't wipe the floor with him its the worst thing in the world. Damn ya'll compliment and slap the man in the same breath.

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
    What was so fantastic about it? It wasn't overly-technical. And it wasn't a slug fest. The fight was boring.
    #1 and #2 in a division and went deep to the well of heart and fortitude literally down to the wire for a win, what's not to call fantastic about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Didn't they show jacobs weight tonight? I just got home from work and wasn't able to watch
      Jacobs refused to go on the scales...

Comment

• Jacobs vs Ward or Canelo are the fights I wanna see now, GGG just hasn't the skill size or power to beat the pound for pound no.1 Ward at 168 GGG should stay at 160.

Comment

• I had DJ winning, 114-113, boxing is subjective, it is what it is, Danny needs to move on, back to PBC,back to Barclays, maybe 168, ggg exposed

Comment

• Originally Posted by aboutfkntime

omg, you silly twat

thinks that Jacobs won, but then changed his mind once he saw COMPUBOX

priceless LMAO

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

someone sig that shht, pleeeeeeeease

Comment

• Compubox backs GGG. I had it very close on rounds. Add the knockdown to GGG. Last round definitely GGG. Jacobs did better than anyone thought so they wanted him to win. GGG didn't do as good as people thought so they wanted him to lose. Reality is it was close but when punch stats and a knockdown favor the same guy and rounds were all close... GGG won that fight. Anything else is just feelings be honest.

Comment

• Had it even. So many close, close rounds. Rematch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  GGG was avoiding Danny's punches without moving and flopping around the ring, or clinching.

Danny was in survival mode in that fight, with lots of heart and lots of shoe-shining. He collapsed at the end with exhaustion. He had no balance for the last third of that fight.

He had a good middle segment where he won a few round.

BUT HE DID NOT WIN THAT FIGHT.
                  Don't forget- not only did GGG knock down Jacobs, but I think he also hurt him at the end of one of the later rounds (8 or 9 maybe) and Jacobs was stumbling at the end

Golovin not only out-jabbed Jacobs by a large margin- but he did most of the major damage with his power punches, hurting Danny twice

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgtairborne24 View Post
                    I could possibly be wrong here I'm pretty sure NASCAR fans and hot dog eating contest fans make up about 0.000000000000001 percent of Golovkins fan base, don't quote me on that, just a wild guess. Your the same person who said Jacobs fans thought it was back to producing local rap artist records and playing 5 on 5 errrday all-day at the local b-ball court behind the police station. What is it with you homie???

Comment

• What idiot expected GGG towalk through Jacobs though? As if Jacobs wasnt 32-1 for nothing. What the **** is wrong with people? According to some, GGG sucks but now he sucks because he didnt KO Jacobs early? No wonder why nobody cares about boxing with a loser fanbase like this

Comment

Working...
                      X