Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: No Reason GGG Can't Fight 6/10, Canelo in September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    My question to you is, how do you know what the impact of an additional 3-4 weeks of promotion is such that you can dismiss it as inconsequential? Logic says longer promotion equals more potential ppv buyers.
    Come on, the Canelo and GGGevent has Ben promoted since 2015.

If Canelo is truly planning on fighting GGG this September, the June fight can still pop off.

Thi fight needs little additional promotion. Everyone who'll will watch it already knows it's coming.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Some how I think Canelo will be just ok if GGG ducks the Sept payday. LMAO
    Yea, sure. That's why Canelo and his team keep insisting to anyone who'll listen they plan to fight GGG.

In the last month alone I've seen De La Hoya constantly promise the GGG fight.

But nope, you're right. Canelo doesn't have to fight GGG.

But he sure the **** has to pretend like he plans to.

Canelo team is the only one promising this fight. Everyone else knows better.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Canelo has fought Khan, Smith and Chavez since he first said he was ready to fight GGG.

Now Canelo fans are acting outraged Golovkin would ignore Canelo contention about fighting September when he could bring a unification fight to his home country.

****ing Canelo, this is the only guy who repeatedly ducks a guy but then still tries to stop his fights.

****ing pathetic!
      How is GBP trying to stop Trip fights? Gomez is just saying that they aren't going to wait until mid to late June to get contracts signed and start promoting a Trip Alvarez fight. They have that right...just like K2 has the right to fight in June. If the Canelo fight is a priority to K2, both promoters have to be on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Smith fight is not comparable that wasn't a big event. Chavez fight is more comparable and that fight was agreed and announced in mid jan for a fight in may. It's beyond foolish for GGG to sign another fight when he already has a bigger fight on the table worth 15m. What if he suffers a injury? Canelo is the A side he is not going to let GGG effect his Sept date. And we have already seen how inept GGG camp is negotiating. He squabbled for how many months with Jacobs and missed his HBO December date because it. You want canelo the A side to wait around for you in june then risk having this idiot dyck around asking for more money or whatever other nonsense and then having a short turn around for Sept or miss the date all together.

This is another example of it being amateur hour with K2.
        I think Smith is a good example because Gomez is saying if GGG fights in June he won't be able to properly promote the fight. Smith was an unknown so more promotion would've been needed for that fight than a Canelo vs GGG fight

Comment

GBP would be stupid f**ks to let Little G fight in June. That'd be pretty much handing over all the leverage they have. Little G would get the 4th belt and want more money and play hardball in negotiations. And if the fight didn't happen Team Canelo would be blamed by all these queer white boxing writers. Not to mention Canelo's return would be pushed back to a s**tty November or December date.

Easy to see why Little G wants that scenario.

Comment

It's the opposite. They fell for Canelo delay tactics last year.

De la Hoya is already talking Chavez rematches. K2 can't waste time when we all know Canelo has no intention on fighting Golovkin.
            You are full of shyt. What fight did GGG lose or got delayed because of Canelo? The only delay was the Jacobs fight which had NOTHING to do with Canelo. And further proof that K2 is the one who likes to phuk around. A fight that should of been easy and on target for the Dec date dragged on months and that's why GGG is coming off a long layout has NOTHING to do with Canelo and everything to the joke show going on with K2 who time after time prove they don't know how to make big fights. And Canelo is the one with no intentions of fighting yet K2 is the one with a 15m offer they have yet to accept. The wall of lies GGG has created are falling down. Last year it was I'm not business man before that It was anyone at 154 or 168. Now but wait I got to fight in bum phuk Kazakhstan. Rough day for the GGG fangirls claim that he can't get fights because everyone is ducking him. Ward pulled that h0e skirt and exposed his vagina and now he's showing it again by running to Kazakhstan to hide from a 15m offer and the big fight he supposedly has been begging and crying for over 5 years. But hey his camp is cool just waiting till 2018 I guess got to make them peanuts in Kazakhstan first that's the priority. LMAO
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-14-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Come on, the Canelo and GGGevent has Ben promoted since 2015.

If Canelo is truly planning on fighting GGG this September, the June fight can still pop off.

Thi fight needs little additional promotion. Everyone who'll will watch it already knows it's coming.

Yea, sure. That's why Canelo and his team keep insisting to anyone who'll listen they plan to fight GGG.

In the last month alone I've seen De La Hoya constantly promise the GGG fight.

But nope, you're right. Canelo doesn't have to fight GGG.

But he sure the **** has to pretend like he plans to.

Canelo team is the only one promising this fight. Everyone else knows better.
              I see why you feel the way you do, but in my view, to maximize profits, the fight must reach non-boxing fans. That's where the tours and the television shows come in. We have been talking about that fight in boxing circles for 14 months, but that's not going to make Golovkin Alvarez an event that sells big. Just a big fight that does well. You only get 1 first time...they aren't gonna half ass it to satisfy the hard cores like us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
                GBP is gonna let you get the 4th belt, put Canelo's career on hold for you, give you a 50-50 split, and if the fight doesn't end up happening they'll gladly take the blame for it falling through. F**k outta here Little G.

If Little G wants to fight Saunders that's his gamble. But don't expect Canelo to just play along with your ploy of trying to get as much money as you can.
                ****ing Canelo, no one believes he's really planning to fight ggg.
                De La Hoya has been all over the map on whether they can sign a contract.

You think GGG is acting entitled, that's funny since he was ready in 2015.

Who gives a **** what Canelo wants.

It isn't GGG who has to promise his fans he will fight Canelo to sell his fight.

Canelo probably can't even ****ing his girl without being asked about GGG. "Hey Papi, when you gonna fight Go Luv Kin"

I ****ing love watching Canelo apologist ****ing cry. GGG called a clown, and the is.

Comment

Jacobs was a mandatory fight. They had no choice.
                  That fight was delayed a dozen times during negotiations since September because K2 decided to give Jacobs extra time. They could have easily have gotten Jacobs stripped early, and have time for that 3rd fight. With Jacob's approval (with the the threat have having him stripped), they could also have easily gotten approval from the WBA to take an interim fight. They had plenty of choice.

It's pretty ridiculous they bent over backwards for Jacobs, but won't skip a fight for the biggest fight of his career.

Comment

How is GBP trying to stop Trip fights? Gomez is just saying that they aren't going to wait until mid to late June to get contracts signed and start promoting a Trip Alvarez fight. They have that right...just like K2 has the right to fight in June. If the Canelo fight is a priority to K2, both promoters have to be on the same page.
                    Sure they have the right, but it's still completely unreasonable and would once again put them firmly at fault for the fight not happening

They'd have the whole of July and August to promote the fight plus a good chunk of June and September too

it's a nonsensical excuse to claim they wouldn't have enough time

Comment

I see why you feel the way you do, but in my view, to maximize profits, the fight must reach non-boxing fans. That's where the tours and the television shows come in. We have been talking about that fight in boxing circles for 14 months, but that's not going to make Golovkin Alvarez an event that sells big. Just a big fight that does well. You only get 1 first time...they aren't gonna half ass it to satisfy the hard cores like us.
                      Ideally, K2 would love to have a six month build up, but they've been duped too many times wasting fights on what Canelo might do.

If Loefller had Suanders in agreement for a June fight, in Kazakhstan, they need to do it.

From what I'm hearing, they have big money backers paying a lot to get that fight there.

They cannot plan around whether Canelo may or may not be serious this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X