Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevens Responsive at Hospital After Brutal KO Loss to Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a lovely/brutal KO. Lemieux can bang and he caught Stevens sweet.

Looked a bit worrying or Stevens there for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Lemieux draping his flag over himself with no concern whatsoever for Curtis was horrible. Typical rude French pig.
      not a lemieux fan by any stretch but didnt stevens talk **** before the fight....hell he held a funeral for golovkin before their fight. if anhthing stevens is a pig and he aint worth mierda!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        What I found distasteful from last night was HBO following Stevens' mom around with the cameras after the knockout.
        I was just mostly concerned for Curtis Stevens' well-being. As far as David Lemieux draping his body around the Canadian flag is irrelevant to me. As long as Stevens is in good health and doing fine, then that's all that is important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          You guy's need to follow another sport - you are far too sensitive for boxing. The whole idea is to cause brain trauma to the opponent. Think about that. It is brutal.

Adrenaline levels are higher than most of us have ever experienced and then after a KO, which is what both fighters are often looking for, they are supposed to just shut down the emotions a whole lot and look all concerned. There is nothing the winner can do to help the victim at this point. What will be will be and the paramedics are doing their jobs.
          I agree that it is a rotten business and it's the only one that most of these guys have left to play. However, at the same time one doesn't necessarily have to lose their dignity and humanity because they are in the hurt business. At the end of the day, these fighters have wives and children they must support. If it was only about the fighters, then perhaps I can endure such a nonchalant attitude because it's the profession they've chosen. However, I am looking at the big picture. It's just not about them. It's about the ones who love them and likewise, these guys have bills and mouths to feed like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Who cares about pre-fight trash talk (half of that **** is fake half of the time anyway) when there's a person's life at stake.
            60% of the time it works every time? Lmao 😂

Like I said, it seemed like much more than the usual hype to me...and that was before the brutal climax. Lemieux might've felt bad about it afterwards, after he almost sent Stevens to the "other side," but there's little doubt in my mind he wanted to lay a hurtin' on the kid. Promise delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              60% of the time it works every time? Lmao 😂

Like I said, it seemed like much more than the usual hype to me...and that was before the brutal climax. Lemieux might've felt bad about it afterwards, after he almost sent Stevens to the "other side," but there's little doubt in my mind he wanted to lay a hurtin' on the kid. Promise delivered.
              You know what I meant.

But like I said in that post and in others, you need to know when to put differences aside. It's part of being an adult and a human being. Payback was laid down once he got sent to the other side as you said. Cool, now show some compassion and respect for the dude. Im referring to Lemieux btw not you. Lol

Comment

There is nothing wrong with celebrating after knocking out your opponent. This is Boxing and your opponent would have happily done the same to you.

This is a blood sport, not a game of fukin ping pong.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  You guy's need to follow another sport - you are far too sensitive for boxing. The whole idea is to cause brain trauma to the opponent. Think about that. It is brutal.

Adrenaline levels are higher than most of us have ever experienced and then after a KO, which is what both fighters are often looking for, they are supposed to just shut down the emotions a whole lot and look all concerned. There is nothing the winner can do to help the victim at this point. What will be will be and the paramedics are doing their jobs.
                  Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I agree that it is a rotten business and it's the only one that most of these guys have left to play. However, at the same time one doesn't necessarily have to lose their dignity and humanity because they are in the hurt business. At the end of the day, these fighters have wives and children they must support. If it was only about the fighters, then perhaps I can endure such a nonchalant attitude because it's the profession they've chosen. However, I am looking at the big picture. It's just not about them. It's about the ones who love them and likewise, these guys have bills and mouths to feed like the rest of us.
                  I've been a fan of this sport longer than most guys here have been alive. We all love watching the highlight-reel KO -- it's perhaps the most exciting single thing in boxing -- but as much as I enjoy it, I've never failed to feel sorry for the victim. Somebody's got to lose, but like champion4ever said, that doesn't mean we have to lose our humanity because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by xboxer View Post
                    Based off his actions I saw no compassion from Lemieux while Stevens was unconscious and being treated. I've actually seen this from him in previous fights. Anyway its basic boxing etiquette to tone down your celebration when something like this is happening.
                    On another thread a poster that was ringside said Lemieux tried to go over to Stevens but by that time medical had access blocked .

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      You know what I meant.

But like I said in that post and in others, you need to know when to put differences aside. It's part of being an adult and a human being. Payback was laid down once he got sent to the other side as you said. Cool, now show some compassion and respect for the dude. Im referring to Lemieux btw not you. Lol
                      Lol Couldn't resist the chance to quote a line from "Anchorman." Haha 😉

Comment

Working...
                      X