Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevens Responsive at Hospital After Brutal KO Loss to Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure there was that much bad blood between them at all

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Lemieux draping his flag over himself with no concern whatsoever for Curtis was horrible. Typical rude French pig.
      I thought the same thing. Usually you see a fighter jump up in joy in the heat of the moment but immediately afterwards they go over and stand by the medical staff seeing that everything is ok. Or even stand in the corner looking over.
      Originally posted by Shrap View Post
      Did you even read the article in this thread? He expressed deep concern for Stevens. Knockouts are incredibly common in boxing and in the vast majority of cases the other boxer gets up fine afterward.
      Knockouts such as this one are not incredibly common as you say. Yes, we see stoppages and knockouts all the time but not like this one or like Pacquiao's and so on.

I think what really 'helped' Stevens so to speak is that he landed sideways and his shoulder broke his fall so his head did not bang the canvas.

Comment

Can only imagine what the comments would be if Golovkin hadn't already beaten Lemieux.

It was a good fight while it lasted. Didn't think Lemieux would be that busy. Stevens gave some good fire in return but he doesn't have the fluidity he needs with his physical build. Too tight.

Where now for Lemieux?

Comment

Originally posted by xboxer View Post
          Based off his actions I saw no compassion from Lemieux while Stevens was unconscious and being treated. I've actually seen this from him in previous fights. Anyway its basic boxing etiquette to tone down your celebration when something like this is happening.
          Originally posted by Graz View Post
          Lemieux' lack of compassion might have something to do with Stevens prefight personal attacks and posturing. Serious business. Ever notice that the guys that do the most talking before the fight end up getting schooled. Food for thought.
          Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I read about the pre-fight back-and-forth between these guys. It seemed much more serious than the usual pre-fight trash talk. There was real antagonism. Both of them were talking about knocking the other out, and it sounded like they meant it. I don't know what made these dudes hate each other so much, but it doesn't surprise me that Lemieux was less than concerned after he delivered on his promise.
          Who cares about pre-fight trash talk (half of that **** is fake half of the time anyway) when there's a person's life at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            stevens looked small with lemieux. Look at the GGG fight against Lemeiux again. Golovkin looked like he was 2 weight classes about him. Lemieux fought much more cautiously
            Stevens is way too small at 160... He should have fought at 154...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Can only imagine what the comments would be if Golovkin hadn't already beaten Lemieux.

It was a good fight while it lasted. Didn't think Lemieux would be that busy. Stevens gave some good fire in return but he doesn't have the fluidity he needs with his physical build. Too tight.

Where now for Lemieux?
              It's a shame Stevens let himself get caught on the ropes so often. He has a nice quick jab that he could had used to stick and move plus Lemieux was on his way to punching himself out. He had already slowed down but apparently not enough cause he was still able to put Stevens out.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                has Canelo showcased KO power at MW?

he hit a shopworn cotto with everything and couldn't put him down.

it was disgraceful.
                shopworn lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                    "Jacobs knocks Bumlovkin out in 1", "Deontay Wilder is the greatest heavyweight of all time".
                    Bumlovkin has no defense, he looked like a bum facing K Brook, only destroyed him in 5 rounds and took some punches in the process.

Deontay Wilder is a HW version or Pernell Withtaker with Thomas Hearns power, he woulda destroyed Lewis and Holyfield on the same night doe, bummm squad.

Comment

Not sure if joking or serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X