Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Does Kell Brook Quit Against Next (After He Quit Against GGG)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    Brook didn't quit? His trainer threw the towel in.

It was a great move by the trainer too - him and Brook have like a father/son relationship.

That was a fight that never should have happened anyway, but the fact Brook took it and made it a fairly competitive fight for the first 3-4 rounds improves Brook's standing, IMO.

He had a broken jaw, or orbital? Something like that, and his trainer would have been careless to let him continue.

He proved his mettle against one of, if not the best pound for pound fighter on the planet who was two weight classes above him.

I don't know where the hell this thread is coming from.
    gee that's funny cause brook was BIGGER then GGG. easy to see it in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
      Probably Roy Jones comment to Max at the end of the 4th "Brook giving up"
      Hmm missed that commentary.

I was watching an English broadcast.

When you break an orbital bone, you gotta be in extreme pain. Bob Sapp fell over and started crying (literally) when he got his orbital bone broken by Cro Cop.
      He literally went into a fetal position and started crying.
      These famous images from the fight:

I thought Brook fought on extremely well considering he broke his orbital bone after what? the 2nd or 3rd round?

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        gee that's funny cause brook was BIGGER then GGG. easy to see it in the ring
        Was there fight night weights posted? To me, GGG appeared the taller man, and the bigger man.

I know Brook was heavier than GGG at the 30-day weigh-in, but anybody who has ever boxed, or has just spent a long time around boxing, knows there's a huge difference between the weight somebody is used to walking around at, and the weight they fight at.

GGG's frame, and muscle memory is used to fighting at 160 pounds - Brooks was used to 147.

On fighting terms, GGG was the bigger man that night.

Now in 5 years, if Brook's body begins to adapt to 160, it could change.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He didn't quit. His trainer stopped the fight to keep him from getting KOed in a few more seconds.
          Yes, and I believe that was always the plan; try to look good early on and as soon as Golovkin found his range pull Brook out - money match and live to fight another few of them off the back of "moved up two divisions to fight the guy noone else wnated to" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Yes, and I believe that was always the plan; try to look good early on and as soon as Golovkin found his range pull Brook out - money match and live to fight another few of them off the back of "moved up two divisions to fight the guy noone else wnated to" etc.
            Try to look good early on then pull out.

They didnt execute very well then did they when it went a bit like this.

Look good early on, fracture Orbital bone in second round. Carry on fighting and win at least 1 more round before handily losing the fourth before being beaten in the fifth....then pulling out in that fifth round for the sake of your health before succumbing to a career threatening injury
            Last edited by yammy25; 03-02-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              Try to look good early on then pull out.

They didnt execute very well then did they when it went a bit like this.

Look good early on, fracture Orbital bone in second round. Carry on fighting and win at least 1 more round before handily losing the fourth before being beaten in the fifth....then pulling out in that fifth round for the sake of your health before succumbing to a career threatening injury
              Brook was dropped in the 3rd hence why Sky conveniently didnt show the replay.

Comment

Further substantiating my sarcasm towards the person i quoted then.

Comment

That knockdown should have been called, but I can understand why the ref thought their feet got tangled from his viewpoint

Comment

Probably Roy Jones comment to Max at the end of the 4th "Brook giving up"
                    Roy Jones doesn't know when to quit. He thinks the only authentic stoppage is when you're lying on the floor looking like your shot dead. Brook had nothing left in that fifth round and had a serious eye injury. What more do people want?

Comment

I hope KB fights Spence and lo's him or schools him in order to see your faces when Spence is f up!

Comment

Working...
                      X