Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Does Kell Brook Quit Against Next (After He Quit Against GGG)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Brook should be favourite to win against Spence.
    Actually, Spence is favored.

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    Brook didn't quit? His trainer threw the towel in.

It was a great move by the trainer too - him and Brook have like a father/son relationship.

That was a fight that never should have happened anyway, but the fact Brook took it and made it a fairly competitive fight for the first 3-4 rounds improves Brook's standing, IMO.

He had a broken jaw, or orbital? Something like that, and his trainer would have been careless to let him continue.

He proved his mettle against one of, if not the best pound for pound fighter on the planet who was two weight classes above him.

I don't know where the hell this thread is coming from.

Lol. So now, throwing in the towel less than half-way through the fight, is "proving your mettle?"

It's no wonder Brook says and does the things he does...his fan base gives him credit for going 4 1/2 rounds, and quitting.
    Last edited by FLY TY; 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

Lol. So now, throwing in the towel less than half-way through the fight, is "proving your mettle?"

It's no wonder Brook says and does the things he does...his fan base gives him credit for going 4 1/2 rounds, and quitting.
      I wouldn't be so sure about that, even though the fight could be 50 / 50. Or one of them could win easily too. Looking forward to this blast of a fight! Superb fight for the future of welter.

Comment

Dude knew if he didn't show anything his coach would hook him, he showed nothing to suggest he could handle the rest of the round in effect quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          I wouldn't be so sure about that, even though the fight could be 50 / 50. Or one of them could win easily too. Looking forward to this blast of a fight! Superb fight for the future of welter.
          Bovada has Spence -135, and Brook +105 currently

Comment

How did he quit. From what I remember his corner threw in th towel. The man had a broken orbital bone, with 8 round to go. His corner chose to say his vision.

There are many times a fighters corner should have and didn't... there are many sad stories tha have come from a lack of throwing in the towel. Fans are quick to forget that People Die in boxing all the time!!!!! People lose their family to this sport.

I have often been critical of fighters but Brook did not quite.

Comment

Brook quit? ****. I thought I watched that fight..

Comment

Hmm missed that commentary.

I was watching an English broadcast.

When you break an orbital bone, you gotta be in extreme pain. Bob Sapp fell over and started crying (literally) when he got his orbital bone broken by Cro Cop.
                He literally went into a fetal position and started crying.
                These famous images from the fight:

I thought Brook fought on extremely well considering he broke his orbital bone after what? the 2nd or 3rd round?
                Yea, gotta at least give him props for that. Broken orbital HAD to hurt like a MF, probably felt it after the adrenaline wore off.

You know that shlt will be targeted from now on, just like Marg's was in Cotto II. Will be interesting to see..

Comment

Was there fight night weights posted? To me, GGG appeared the taller man, and the bigger man.

I know Brook was heavier than GGG at the 30-day weigh-in, but anybody who has ever boxed, or has just spent a long time around boxing, knows there's a huge difference between the weight somebody is used to walking around at, and the weight they fight at.

GGG's frame, and muscle memory is used to fighting at 160 pounds - Brooks was used to 147.

On fighting terms, GGG was the bigger man that night.

Now in 5 years, if Brook's body begins to adapt to 160, it could change.
                  I got that from just watching the fight it is easy to see brook was bigger. the fight is on you tube

Comment

He DID NOT quit, though. His CORNER threw the towel in.

There is a HUGE difference. A fighter quits when he, by his own mouth (or actions; or sometimes even moreso - inaction). Brook didn't have a choice in the matter.

Also, I'd say it gets even deeper. If a boxer has broken an orbital bone, there's nothing cowardly about voluntarily pulling yourself out of the fight. I mean, we're talking about permanent vision loss, even blindness. Just look at Margarito's eye now - can he even see out of that thing? That's from him suffering a broken orbital bone in the 4th round against Pac, yet continuing to fight onward because his trainer, nor ref (or even ringside doctor) were responsible enough to save Margarito from his own heart.

I guess technically, anybody who does voluntarily stop fighting "quits," though. But we all know the term is used as a pejorative in these regards.

So I'd save that term "quitter" for people like Nicholas Walters, or Victor Ortiz (not counting the time he broke his jaw). Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the Fonfara fight.

Brook did prove his mettle. He showed heart, balls, and skill, and had no control over the fight being stopped.

He already proved he was world class after thoroughly dispatching of Shawn Porter, and SNATCHING THAT "0" in the process!

Who the hell has Spence beaten that's anywhere near Porter's level? Yet he gets all these accolades and props?!? LOOOOOL. *CRICKETS*
                    Last edited by Cheek busting; 03-02-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Bovada has Spence -135, and Brook +105 currently
                      in that video spence looks real easy to counter with a left hook and other punches

Comment

Working...
                      X