Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo needs at least 3 tune ups at 160 before facing Golovkin.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Eric Gomez President of Goldenboy told Rafael it was at least $15 mil.
    Can you provide a source for this please? It's not something I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Can you provide a source for this please? It's not something I have seen.
      "If he wins that bout Gomez said the hope is that the long-awaited showdown with Golovkin will take place in September. Gomez said Golden Boy and Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions have been talking about a deal, but that the biggest obstacle is Golden Boy's insistence on paying Golovkin's side a flat fee -- at least $15 million -- while Golovkin's side wants to have a stake, as much as 40 percent, in the event."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...o-weekend-bout

AJ-LA [via mobile]
      Nxt x u interview ODLH ask him if he were GGG would he take a flat fee to fight canelo. Can u please ask him straight out for a yes or no answer? Im sure hed say no so y the ongoing insistence that ggg take a flat fee

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:09 PM)
      I spoke to Eric Gomez about this yesterday and it is in the Canelo-Chavez story. GB is offering a flat fee. He says $15 million. GGG side wants a percentage of the event. It is a sticking point at the moment.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/cha...ith-dan-rafael
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-28-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
        He needs to beat Chavez at 165 lbs first then settle down at 160 lbs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo vs Willie Monroe first then Hassan Ndam and finally Lemiuex before facing GGG in 2019.
        Why not eubank?
        But 15 millions seems ok. But if nelo makes 30 million, 15 million doesn't seem too good

Comment

"If he wins that bout Gomez said the hope is that the long-awaited showdown with Golovkin will take place in September. Gomez said Golden Boy and Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions have been talking about a deal, but that the biggest obstacle is Golden Boy's insistence on paying Golovkin's side a flat fee -- at least $15 million -- while Golovkin's side wants to have a stake, as much as 40 percent, in the event."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...o-weekend-bout

AJ-LA [via mobile]
          Nxt x u interview ODLH ask him if he were GGG would he take a flat fee to fight canelo. Can u please ask him straight out for a yes or no answer? Im sure hed say no so y the ongoing insistence that ggg take a flat fee

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:09 PM)
          I spoke to Eric Gomez about this yesterday and it is in the Canelo-Chavez story. GB is offering a flat fee. He says $15 million. GGG side wants a percentage of the event. It is a sticking point at the moment.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/cha...ith-dan-rafael
          Yeah those are all things that Dan has claimed based on his discussions with Gomez. Dan also claimed this fight would make well over 100m which doesnt sound realistic to me.

I'm asking if Gomez has publicly come out and confirmed this number? I would like to see an actual transcript of the interview or better yet something on camera from Gomez/Gold Boy. Do you have any links for the above?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            Yeah those are all things that Dan has claimed based on his discussions with Gomez. Dan also claimed this fight would make well over 100m which doesnt sound realistic to me.

I'm asking if Gomez has publicly come out and confirmed this number? I would like to see an actual transcript of the interview or better yet something on camera from Gomez/Gold Boy. Do you have any links for the above?
            Rafael isn't going to lie about what Gomez told him. That would be very ****** of him in his line of work, to make shit up about the president of Goldenboy.

Comment

Rafael isn't going to lie about what Gomez told him. That would be very ****** of him in his line of work, to make shit up about the president of Goldenboy.
              I'm not saying he did but at the same time I can't take what he said as the 100% truth here. Gomez could be feeding him false information privately for all we know.

That's why I said I want to see Gomez or a spokesperson from Golden Boy publicly coming out and confirming this offer which I believe hasnt happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
                He needs to beat Chavez at 165 lbs first then settle down at 160 lbs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo vs Willie Monroe first then Hassan Ndam and finally Lemiuex before facing GGG in 2019.
                OK, OK... of course... without any doubt...

Comment

Rafael isn't going to lie... but, what about Gomez?

Canelo said after the Smith fight, that they had offered Golovkin 10 millions. Then two months later Gomez said the offer was 15 million.

What happened there? did they increase the offer or are they just lying about it? if they are not lying, did they prove that Golovkin is correct in negotiating instead of accepting whatever ***** they wanna throw at him? yes.
                  Last edited by _Maxi; 02-28-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                    2 fights per minimum for a fighter who moves up to a new weight class is the smart thing to do, the more fights the better.
                    Does that still stand when you say you're not a middleweight and cant fight that high in weight against Golovkin then take a fight 5 lbs above middleweight against a part time fighter who will be lucky to even get down that low?

Or how about when you're fighting for 3 years in between Jr middleweight and middleweight, the difference between the 2 divisions is 6lbs, Its unreasonable to think he should fight a middleweight at the middleweight limit though because he's a "star".

Canelo is playing his fans for fools if they buy his bull****, its shocking that boxing fans not only accept it but support and defend it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                      What's you basis for this? How many legit mws has he fought?
                      Idk that I believe in "legitness" of weight. If you weigh 155lbs to 160lbs you're a middleweight. Canelo beat Cotto who beat Sergio. GGG became a top 2 guy thru attrition over several years. Now they should fight. No tune ups needed.

But hell if I was in Oscar's shoes I'd be trying to do what he's trying to do myself and wait for GGG to get a lil older and/or do money grabs vs lesser opposition. So fair play to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X