Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo needs at least 3 tune ups at 160 before facing Golovkin.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk that I believe in "legitness" of weight. If you weigh 155lbs to 160lbs you're a middleweight. Canelo beat Cotto who beat Sergio. GGG became a top 2 guy thru attrition over several years. Now they should fight. No tune ups needed.

But hell if I was in Oscar's shoes I'd be trying to do what he's trying to do myself and wait for GGG to get a lil older and/or do money grabs vs lesser opposition. So fair play to them.
    The thing is that he doesn't weigh 155, he demanded a 155 catch weight for this fight. Canelo makes 154 just fine, and that's the weight class he should fight in. There is absolutely no reason for him to move up to 160 no matter how many labels you throw at him. I actually think he should fight Saunders, than Golovkin, but a few fights at 160 shouldn't be viewed as outlandish.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Canelo makes 154 just fine, and that's the weight class he should fight in.
      From what I recall he moved to Caneloweight, 155lbs, because he couldn't make 154 or was having issues getting down that extra lb. 155 is middleweight.

There is absolutely no reason for him to move up to 160 no matter how many labels you throw at him.
      I'm not throwing labels on him. He's the guy who was fighting at middleweight and won a middleweight title vs the #1 guy at middleweight. And all I'm saying now is he doesn't need tune ups to fight his #1 opposition at middleweight. There shouldn't be anything controversial or shocking taken away from that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Donald *****, please... do your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          No. Golovkin needs to accept the great $15 mil offer and fight in September, that's what needs to happen.
          The flat fee 15 million offer is a ****ty offer. Khan got 13 million to fight Canelo in a much smaller paying fight. If GGG gets 15 million and Canelo gets 40 or 50 million then how is that such a great offer??? It isn't a good offer and team GGG isn't accepting it. Canelo had a chance to defend his WBC middleweight title against GGG for the champion's end of the money. Canelo gave up his title instead of fighting GGG for it. Make as many excuses as you want. A 65/35 split of the money in Canelo's favor would be a fair offer and would probably be accepted. You are one of the more extreme GGG haters on here. To you GGG can do nothing right and you will side against him every time and make everything his fault. You are free to hate on GGG to your heart's content for whatever your reasons for such hate are.Your opinion on anything to do with GGG is bias and not fair and therefor worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            The thing is that he doesn't weigh 155, he demanded a 155 catch weight for this fight. Canelo makes 154 just fine, and that's the weight class he should fight in. There is absolutely no reason for him to move up to 160 no matter how many labels you throw at him. I actually think he should fight Saunders, than Golovkin, but a few fights at 160 shouldn't be viewed as outlandish.
            You're wrong.

Canelo is no 154 fighter. He had to cancel VADA testing in order to make 154 against Smith and admitted during camp that the struggle to make weight made him think about moving up to 160 since the next fight.

Comment

From what I recall he moved to Caneloweight, 155lbs, because he couldn't make 154 or was having issues getting down that extra lb. 155 is middleweight.

I'm not throwing labels on him. He's the guy who was fighting at middleweight and won a middleweight title vs the #1 guy at middleweight. And all I'm saying now is he doesn't need tune ups to fight his #1 opposition at middleweight. There shouldn't be anything controversial or shocking taken away from that statement.
              Canelo has been called a weight bully by many on this forum. Canelo did not look incapacitated or drained against Smith and can still make the limit. And no, Golovkin isn't his number one opposition, Canelo had no intentions to campaign at 160 he just went for the best fight available and took the occasion to become a 2 division champ in the process. Facing Golovkin as your first legit middleweight is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                A counterpuncher got schooled by one of the greatest counterpunchers in the history of the sport at 24. Canelo is legit as ****, he took his boxing lesson and learned from it. People won't fight Canelo because they have no chance of beating him on the cards.
                Who's avoiding Canelito??????????

I can't wait to see the list you pull from your ass.

Comment

The top two guys in a division should never need "tune ups". And as far as I'm concerned Canelo is a 160lber regardless if he's fighting at 155 or 164.5 or whatever the weight will be for Junior.

GBP is just padding their bank account or apparently staying financially afloat til some more names get made on their roster + letting GGG get older to make Canelo odds better in perhaps the most challenging fight of his career.
                  This. Get on with It.

Comment

He had his chance to get "settled" at 160 but chose to fight Smith at 154 instead. The fight needs to happen in September

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      You are going to have a bad day if Canelo decides to step up and fight GGG in September lol
                      How is that a bad day bout fucin time. How long have we been all waiting for this fight to happen?

Comment

Working...
                      X