No announcement yet.

Fighters much more willing to throw punches at Wilder than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    Wilder has a different style than him. AJ sort of comes forward and forces his opponents back while wilder kind of uses his height and stands back relaxed waiting for openings.
    Wilder is lighter...he has options.

He can stand in front or use the ring.

Those big heavy mofos can't do that.....they burn out and get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      Ask yourself whos more liable to make a mistake against the other first. Im saying wilders inferior technical ability and poor movement provides a fight ending opportunity before anthony joshua walking into a windmill but i imagine theres plenty on here who disagree.

Does make me chuckle that its got to a low and desperate point in the heavyweight division in america that some people are content with a champion who is technically inferior in almost if not all departments in comparison to his fellow belt holders...yet because he can win with a loopy right bomb he's just as good.

Some people calling themselves boxing fans yet appreciate one of the most basic..puerile forms of the sport. HW division sucks pure arse
      Wilder doesn't open the show with the windmill shots, though; he comes in with good head movement/awareness, has good feet, has really good ability with his lead hand, can work on the inside if need be, and has utter dynamite in that right hand.

Once he gets you hurt, all hell breaks lose, but don't disrespect the man.

Comment

Also don't forget Joshua does not have a boxers physique whatsoever. Big muscular fighters typically have less stamina than slim fighters, meaning it's in Joshua's best interest to get fighters out quick before he gasses. Wilder is physically better equipped to go 12

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          All Wilder needs is one shot; if Joshua does happen to hurt Wilder and tries to bury Wilder, be ready to see Joshua get walked onto something, tbh.

Joshua and Wilder, in facing each other, will be facing their own nightmare matchups; Joshua has ability, but how is he going to react when in the ring with a fighter just as big and long as he is, is more fluid on his feet than him, and could dead him off of a single mistake?
          Joshua is 25lbs bigger than him lol ...we are not talking washingtone here , we talking about somebody who's handspeed is quicker than anbody wilder has ever faced , who can finish you with a left or a right., throws good combinations..whose guard is tight and who will throw wilder about like a rag doll...explain to me how wilder is Joshua's nightmare because up until now if you compare common opponents molina took wilder to hell and joshua didnt even break sweat......joshua will brutally knock wilder out , just far to good for him

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Wilder doesn't open the show with the windmill shots, though; he comes in with good head movement/awareness, has good feet, has really good ability with his lead hand, can work on the inside if need be, and has utter dynamite in that right hand.

Once he gets you hurt, all hell breaks lose, but don't disrespect the man.
            yeah hes so amazing thats why guys like washington and spilzka were beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
              What I noticed is that fighters open up a lot more against Wilder than Joshua. Molina had his moments against Wilder and even rocked him. Washington last night had Deontay on the back foot. Stiverne did as well. On the other hand it seems like when people get in the ring with AJ they go into a shell. AJ walks his opponents down. He treated Molina like a little boy.

Looking at the Ugonoh/Breazeale fight, Breazeale walked Izu down too and against AJ he was on his back foot the whole fight.

AJ might have that GGG effect on fighters. I always ask myself why don't fighters just stand in the pocket and trade with GGG. They get in the ring and get on their bicycle every time. Monroe outboxed Golovkin in the pocket but was scared of the power. AJ might be a much better counter puncher and fighter in the pocket than Golovkin so the same strategy I say that fighters should use against GGG may not work against AJ though so idk.
              Wilder is a big puncher but not the hardest. He couldn't even drop bermaine who's just a contender and slow as mollasses. He hit him with everything. And Monroe wasn't winning against ggg in the pocket. He lost every rd except for 1.

Comment

AJ has very good footwork in that he is able to get to the centre of the ring, and then once he's occupying the centre he doesn't take a step back.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  yeah hes so amazing thats why guys like washington and spilzka were beating him.
                  Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same Deontay Wilder as some of these guys.... head movement, inside work, fluid combinations??? Wilder???

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Poor movement?

At least he's not ponderous....like AJ

Wilder is only 224lbs.....he's lighter on his feet and does not have to stand in front of AJ.....or anybody.

He can keep Joshua turned all night

Joshua has been stopped before....in full headgear in an amateur bout....and by Price in the gym.

He simply lacks the athleticism to avoid Wilder's Baptizing KO punches.

Who is more likely to get tired?
                    The 224lb guy or the 260lb guy?

I'll let you think about that.

Like I said to you yesterday, watch the Breazeale/Joshua fight and see how good his movement and ability to slip punches and fire back a solid jab is.

Breazeale and Washington are Similar dimensions and Wilder was getting hit with every punch that was thrown, so how is his movement better?

Talking about amateurs go onto YouTube and watch Wilder get dropped and stopped in 'full head gear' by a small polish man. Lmao

You'll see how easy it is for Joshua when they eventually fight. What will be your excuse when Wilder gets humiliated for 5 rounds and Ko'd in the 6th?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      This isn't necessarily a good thing though.

And AJ also juices. If I was in the ring with a roidhead I'd be hesitant too.
                      And you know this how exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X