No announcement yet.

Fighters much more willing to throw punches at Wilder than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    That short ,longed armed funny looking dude had success against AJ. I don't believe he would against Wilder. Not one motivational minute. I think his name is Dillan something
    You mean dillian whyte who is just under 6.4 ?? lol

that was a streetfight.. anyone without bias can see that fight AJ fought completely differently because they hated eachothers guts

Comment

Molina looked genuinely scared to throw any punches in the first two rounds against AJ. You saw what happened when he threw a few punches in the third. Don't think it's something you can really criticise Wilder for though.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        AJ can box, he has a very good jab unlike Wilder. Having a good jab allows you to control distance and limit your opponents opportunity to throw and keeps them hesitant, they have to get past your jab before opening up. Wilder lacks this and as a result it's a lot easier for guys to establish their own jab and start their own offence.
        AJ is a plodder.

He is too non athletic and cumbersome to actually out box Wilder.

He'll get his slow motion ass blown out by Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
          They stop swinging after he hits them flush tho..i think Wilder is the hardest puncher in the sport
          He definitely has power. It's also easier to throw big shots against 2nd tier opposition . The better the opponent the less you are willing to load up.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            Wilder doesn't throw every punch hard. Where as I notice AJ throws everything hard. opponents get frozen up.

It's almost like Wilder sandbags a bit. he lulls his opponents into the mid-late rounds. Open them up then WHAM. He goes apechit and ends the fight.

WIlder reminds me Julian Jackson.
            Don't you mean he goes apache on them and almost takes off?

Comment

AJ is sharper and a more accurate precision puncher.They can throw lots of punches at Wilder and win rounds.Eventually Wilder lands the big one and ends the fight. If they go after AJ he will knock them out quickly. AJ has lost very few rounds and has never been behind in any pro fight I know of.

Comment

This is a very astute observation! and i honestly think this is down to his physical stature! Deontay Wilder is 6"8? and weighing in at 222 pounds! from a visual perspective, i don't really think he is very intimidating athlete! Mike Tyson was visually intimidating athlete, and to add to that he had a unassuming sadistic nature about him! (Its these kind of psychological variables that will effect a opponents behavior inside of the ring!)....

Yesterday i was watching a fight between Mike Tyson & Andrew Golota, and it was obvious that as a man? Andrew Golota was afraid of Mike Tyson! Ironically Andrew Golota had all the skills and physical attributes to beat Mike Tyson! but he was unable to perform, because he was afraid! (Its not your thoughts that dictate your actions, it is your emotional state! intimidation is the ability to effect your opponents emotional state!)...

Anthony Joshua as a personality is not the most intimidating man! but as a physical specimen, he is visually intimidating! and this is one of the factors, as to why fighters are not willing to throw punches when they are competing with him! it all depends on the emotional intelligence of the opponent! because underneath all of that muscle and dense bone structure? Anthony Joshua is not a instinctive fighter, he is a manufactured fighter! and he is not a vindictive person! (He is quite a timid individual in my opinion).....
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-26-2017, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  This is a very astute observation! and i honestly think this is down to his physical stature! Deontay Wilder is 6"8? and weighing in at 222 pounds! from a visual perspective, i don't really think he is very intimidating athlete! Mike Tyson was visually intimidating athlete, and to add to that he had a unassuming sadistic nature about him! (Its these kind of psychological variables that will effect a opponents behavior inside of the ring!)....

Yesterday i was watching a fight between Mike Tyson & Andrew Golota, and it was obvious that as a man? Andrew Golota was afraid of Mike Tyson! Ironically Andrew Golota had all the skills and physical attributes to beat Mike Tyson! but he was unable to perform, because he was afraid! (Its not your thoughts that dictate your actions, it is your emotional state! intimidation is the ability to effect your opponents emotional state!)...

Anthony Joshua as a personality is not the most intimidating man! but as a physical specimen, he is visually intimidating! and this is one of the factors, as to why fighters are not willing to throw punches when they are competing with him! it all depends on the emotional intelligence of the opponent! because underneath all of that muscle and dense bone structure? Anthony Joshua is not a instinctive fighter, he is a manufactured fighter! and he is not a vindictive person! (He is quite a timid individual in my opinion).....
                  I beg you rewatch the whyte fight.. look at joshuas manerisms and attitude and tell me he isnt vindictive.

He might not say **** like " i wana feel my right hand on a human skull" but he's definitely just said he hates it when referees stop his fights because he wants to put people stone cold.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    I beg you rewatch the whyte fight.. look at joshuas manerisms and attitude and tell me he isnt vindictive.

He might not say **** like " i wana feel my right hand on a human skull" but he's definitely just said he hates it when referees stop his fights because he wants to put people stone cold.
                    Fair play...

That was the first fight, where i DID actually see genuine vindictiveness within Anthony Joshua! I actually think vindictiveness is a over looked skill in all sports! I am not a massive football fan, but i can remember reading about Roy Keane! and amazed at how vindictive he was within a competitive situation! I believe there are levels of vindictiveness, and i will admit Anthony Joshua has a certain level.....

He does seem quite timid though, i wonder how he would fare up against the kind of psychological warfare? a fighter like David Haye would project towards him.
                    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-26-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Fair play...

That was the first fight, where i DID actually see genuine vindictiveness within Anthony Joshua! I actually think vindictiveness is a over looked skill in all sports! I am not a massive football fan, but i can remember reading about Roy Keane! and amazed at how vindictive he was within a competitive situation! I believe there are levels of vindictiveness, and i will admit Anthony Joshua has a certain level.....

He does seem quite timid though, i wonder how he would fare up against the kind of psychological warfare? a fighter like David Haye would project towards him.
                      I think that the percieved timidness is an attempt to prevent certain media elements in the UK from attacking him due to his shady past. The press love to knock people off their podiums, like Fury (His own stupid actions aside).

Comment

Working...
                      X