No announcement yet.

Fighters much more willing to throw punches at Wilder than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hov View Post
    What I noticed is that fighters open up a lot more against Wilder than Joshua. Molina had his moments against Wilder and even rocked him. Washington last night had Deontay on the back foot. Stiverne did as well. On the other hand it seems like when people get in the ring with AJ they go into a shell. AJ walks his opponents down. He treated Molina like a little boy.

Looking at the Ugonoh/Breazeale fight, Breazeale walked Izu down too and against AJ he was on his back foot the whole fight.

AJ might have that GGG effect on fighters. I always ask myself why don't fighters just stand in the pocket and trade with GGG. They get in the ring and get on their bicycle every time. Monroe outboxed Golovkin in the pocket but was scared of the power. AJ might be a much better counter puncher and fighter in the pocket than Golovkin so the same strategy I say that fighters should use against GGG may not work against AJ though so idk.
    Anthony Joshua, from a technical perspective, does everything pretty much right; throws a heavy lead jab, piston straight right hand, minds keeping his hands up on the defense, doesn't smother his own shots, seems to have the boxing brain to not fall in on traps, etc. No one is saying that he's unhittable, but you've got to come at him a certain way.

Deontay Wilder's style, almost by default, is far more open and awkward that, if you simply throw something, you have a chance of maybe getting something through off of Wilder's sheer awkwardness.

Both guys seemingly have the punch to dead you, but Wilder is still open enough for some silliness to slip through, hence fighters simply saying "**** it" and taking the chance.

The tactics that Molina tried to use, will likely be the tactics that folks start against Joshua with going forward; show him that you're not a punk, hope that Joshua makes a mistake coming in, and have a chin sturdy enough to give you a few chances at seeing the initial tactic work.
    Last edited by Scipio2009; 02-26-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sincingship View Post
      I think that the percieved timidness is an attempt to prevent certain media elements in the UK from attacking him due to his shady past. The press love to knock people off their podiums, like Fury (His own stupid actions aside).
      Maybe so! This unassuming corroborate gentlemen could be a persona of protection! I have mentioned in previous post, that Anthony Joshua unlike allot of boxers has corroborate sponsors! (And this has effected his self promotion, and exposure of his TRUE personality in my opinion!)......but I still think he is a timid individual underneath of these barriers! Tyson Fury could of self promoted himself with more guile, and still gotten his beliefs across to the public in a more diplomatic way!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        This isn't necessarily a good thing though.

And AJ also juices. If I was in the ring with a roidhead I'd be hesitant too.
        Here come the excuses.....joshua is an athlete your's is just an out of balance knockout waiting to happen and joshua will break him in two....the usa heavyweight from muhammad ali to deontay wilder ...how the f@ck did that happen

Comment

You can out boxed him all he got is power

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Anthony Joshua, from a technical perspective, does everything pretty much right; throws a heavy lead jab, piston straight right hand, minds keeping his hands up on the defense, doesn't smother his own shots, seems to have the boxing brain to not fall in on traps, etc. No one is saying that he's unhittable, but you've got to come at him a certain way.

Deontay Wilder's style, almost by default, is far more open and awkward that, if you simply throw something, you have a chance of maybe getting something through off of Wilder's sheer awkwardness.

Both guys seemingly have the punch to dead you, but Wilder is still open enough for some silliness to slip through, hence fighters simply saying "**** it" and taking the chance.

The tactics that Molina tried to use, will likely be the tactics that folks start against Joshua with going forward; show him that you're not a punk, hope that Joshua makes a mistake coming in, and have a chin sturdy enough to give you a few chances at seeing the initial tactic work.
            Joshua is technically good...always in position , throws clean straight combinations and has great timing , his footwork is not quick but he is always positioned well and when he senses he has you hurt he wants to bury you.....joshua will wait for wilder to miss and then counter him and knock him out....technically to tight for wilder

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Joshua is technically good...always in position , throws clean straight combinations and has great timing , his footwork is not quick but he is always positioned well and when he senses he has you hurt he wants to bury you.....joshua will wait for wilder to miss and then counter him and knock him out....technically to tight for wilder
              All Wilder needs is one shot; if Joshua does happen to hurt Wilder and tries to bury Wilder, be ready to see Joshua get walked onto something, tbh.

Joshua and Wilder, in facing each other, will be facing their own nightmare matchups; Joshua has ability, but how is he going to react when in the ring with a fighter just as big and long as he is, is more fluid on his feet than him, and could dead him off of a single mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                All Wilder needs is one shot; if Joshua does happen to hurt Wilder and tries to bury Wilder, be ready to see Joshua get walked onto something, tbh.

Joshua and Wilder, in facing each other, will be facing their own nightmare matchups; Joshua has ability, but how is he going to react when in the ring with a fighter just as big and long as he is, is more fluid on his feet than him, and could dead him off of a single mistake?
                Ask yourself whos more liable to make a mistake against the other first. Im saying wilders inferior technical ability and poor movement provides a fight ending opportunity before anthony joshua walking into a windmill but i imagine theres plenty on here who disagree.

Does make me chuckle that its got to a low and desperate point in the heavyweight division in america that some people are content with a champion who is technically inferior in almost if not all departments in comparison to his fellow belt holders...yet because he can win with a loopy right bomb he's just as good.

Some people calling themselves boxing fans yet appreciate one of the most basic..puerile forms of the sport. HW division sucks pure arse

Comment

Joshua is a mid range /inside fighter at his best,he can throw short crisp power shots from a close distance ...in contrast Wilder needs distance and space and is at his best catching someone coming in so opponents can get away more by crowding him. Joshua is capable of fast counter punching and controlling the power jab more to stop forward progression and is MUCH harder to hit off balance or push back,thats why guys throw more punches at wilder he is more easily hittable in exchanges and they have less to worry about what comes back to them as Joshua combinations and accuracy are more worry some.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-26-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Wilder has a different style than him. AJ sort of comes forward and forces his opponents back while wilder kind of uses his height and stands back relaxed waiting for openings.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      Ask yourself whos more liable to make a mistake against the other first. Im saying wilders inferior technical ability and poor movement provides a fight ending opportunity before anthony joshua walking into a windmill but i imagine theres plenty on here who disagree.

Does make me chuckle that its got to a low and desperate point in the heavyweight division in america that some people are content with a champion who is technically inferior in almost if not all departments in comparison to his fellow belt holders...yet because he can win with a loopy right bomb he's just as good.

Some people calling themselves boxing fans yet appreciate one of the most basic..puerile forms of the sport. HW division sucks pure arse
                      Poor movement?

At least he's not ponderous....like AJ

Wilder is only 224lbs.....he's lighter on his feet and does not have to stand in front of AJ.....or anybody.

He can keep Joshua turned all night

Joshua has been stopped before....in full headgear in an amateur bout....and by Price in the gym.

He simply lacks the athleticism to avoid Wilder's Baptizing KO punches.

Who is more likely to get tired?
                      The 224lb guy or the 260lb guy?

I'll let you think about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X