Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fans Not Worried About Klitschko, They Want Me-Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington isn't a top contender but he has a draw with Mansour & beat Chambers so he is a pretty decent HW. I'd put him at B level somewhere in the top 15-30. Wilder should not look past him. I only need to mention Michael Bentt/Tommy Morrison when it comes to looking past an opponent for a big payday. Losing to Bentt cost Morrison a 6 million dollar fight which he had lined up next. Wilder needs to take care of business tonight before he starts talking Joshua or Klitschko. It has been mentioned in a few articles here that the IBF is saying the winner of AJ/Klitschko has to fight Pulev next. I'm curious to see if the IBF will strip either of them in 2 weeks like they did Fury. I just wish they would consolidate the titles so we can have 1 real champion. It was hard enough when there was 3 titles but now with 4 it's even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
      Parker's team is already stalling and ducking. ""We've made no secret we would like to fight Deontay," Barry said. "We'd like to unify those belts."

Barry said based on Parker's next fight being delayed from April 1 that it would be more likely that a Wilder fight would be in August or September."
      http://www.espn.in/boxing/story/_/id...et-unify-belts

**** August and September. That's too far out. Parker doesn't need 4-5 months to prepare for Wilder. This is why Parker wanted to debut this year in April to stall it out. Gotta be conscious of the boxing politics involved.

Far as Ortiz/Whyte/Stiverne, whatever the WBC decides but Whyte isn't returning until June so he says.
      Giving Parker the fair shake here because he's proved he'll fight whatever is put in front of him.. if he fights Fury in April i dont think its unfair that he gets a month / 2 off to then go into long camp for Wilder.

even if the long camp is TOO long or whatever.. Wilder fights tonight and He should absolutely have to fight someone in June time that is actually ranked.

It's scandalous that he be allowed to fight another low ranker before going for a unification or say he should be able to uni with parker in Summer without actually defending his opwn belt against anyone with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Washington isn't a top contender but he has a draw with Mansour & beat Chambers so he is a pretty decent HW. I'd put him at B level somewhere in the top 15-30. Wilder should not look past him. I only need to mention Michael Bentt/Tommy Morrison when it comes to looking past an opponent for a big payday. Losing to Bentt cost Morrison a 6 million dollar fight which he had lined up next. Wilder needs to take care of business tonight before he starts talking Joshua or Klitschko. It has been mentioned in a few articles here that the IBF is saying the winner of AJ/Klitschko has to fight Pulev next. I'm curious to see if the IBF will strip either of them in 2 weeks like they did Fury. I just wish they would consolidate the titles so we can have 1 real champion. It was hard enough when there was 3 titles but now with 4 it's even harder.
        Winner has to fight Pulev or the next available mandatory or the IBF will strip. No if's no but's.

Wilder doesnt get winner until 2018, which gives him time to fight a mando in Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          Giving Parker the fair shake here because he's proved he'll fight whatever is put in front of him.. if he fights Fury in April i dont think its unfair that he gets a month / 2 off to then go into long camp for Wilder.

even if the long camp is TOO long or whatever.. Wilder fights tonight and He should absolutely have to fight someone in June time that is actually ranked.

It's scandalous that he be allowed to fight another low ranker before going for a unification or say he should be able to uni with parker in Summer without actually defending his opwn belt against anyone with a pulse.
          Nobody gets a fair shake once they get a belt. Parker called out Wilder I expect him to unify next. It's bad enough his team insinuated that they'd fight Wilder in April knowing full well the WBO wasn't going to wait for the Wilder/Washington result. Parker and his team play the boxing politics game like everybody else does. No passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
            Nobody gets a fair shake once they get a belt. Parker called out Wilder I expect him to unify next. It's bad enough his team insinuated that they'd fight Wilder in April knowing full well the WBO wasn't going to wait for the Wilder/Washington result. Parker and his team play the boxing politics game like everybody else does. No passes.
            Wilder doesnt deserve to unify when he brings no money to the table and hasnt defended against anyone in the top 5 of the WBC despite having time to after the pedvetkin scandal.

Sorry, but when you cant pull of 750,000 viewers on free tv as a HW champion then you dont get to rule the roost, whetehr that be trying to unify with the weakest HW belt or not.

Comment

I enjoy watching wilder and there's no denying his power. You can't blame him either for povetkin being a cheat. Don't forget that wilder got on a plane to Russia to defend his title and that takes balls. I just get the feeling when I watch him that someone is going to knock him out and I wouldn't be surprised if it was tonight.

Comment

I want to see Wilder vs Joshua. I'm curious to see how his chin holds up against a guy like Joshua. He better not struggle tonight against Washington, i don't see Washington as a legit threat he has Mansour problems lol

Comment

Yeah cuz Wilder has a way better resume than Klitschko. This guy thinks way too highly of himself for a guy with one decent name on his record. 37 fights and fighting a football player, get real.

Comment

Wilder should be ashamed of himself.

He sickens me.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      Wilder doesnt deserve to unify when he brings no money to the table and hasnt defended against anyone in the top 5 of the WBC despite having time to after the pedvetkin scandal.

Sorry, but when you cant pull of 750,000 viewers on free tv as a HW champion then you dont get to rule the roost, whetehr that be trying to unify with the weakest HW belt or not.
                      So which is it? He doesn't deserve to unify or he needs to stop babysitting the belt and unify to improve his resume.

Know what? Nevermind don't even answer. Smh.

Boxing fans boy I tell you.

Comment

Working...
                      X