Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence is that talent Golden Boy Promotions needs. Theirs are big gap in their promotion between Canelo and everyone else in their promotion from not a talent perspective but from a marketing perspective.

Errol won't due it but if I was him I would call Al Haymon and tell him to get a meeting with Oscar and see what they would offer him.

Why not do 1 fight under Golden Boy Promotions and see what kind of pay there offering per fight. If it's anything from 1 to 2 million per fight why not do a trial deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Spence would probably be the best welter back in that era
      Hold on...why don't you let the guy fight an upper tier fighter before hopping all over his jock? I like Spence, but the jury is still out on him, and a win over Algeri doesn't quite put him in the "better than hearts and Duran" category. We also don't know what kind of fighter Brooklyn will be at 147 after going up and then having to come down again. That has a history of really adversely affecting fighters.

Comment

Stop hyping Spence, just stop. This **** is not good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
          Spence is that talent Golden Boy Promotions needs. Theirs are big gap in their promotion between Canelo and everyone else in their promotion from not a talent perspective but from a marketing perspective.

Errol won't due it but if I was him I would call Al Haymon and tell him to get a meeting with Oscar and see what they would offer him.

Why not do 1 fight under Golden Boy Promotions and see what kind of pay there offering per fight. If it's anything from 1 to 2 million per fight why not do a trial deal?
          Why would Haymon help him check out the opposition? Why would Spence fight for a company that has 0 WW's for him to fight? Kiss the Danny/Thurman winner goodbye, Pac or Bradley are always off the table and he probably won't get any headlines on HBO because they're already invested in former Soviets. No move to GB is good for anyone considering the company as of now has never successfully promoted anyone

Comment

I could see Errol doing way better with GBP actually. GBP or Top Rank.

Comment

Does the black fighter even want to be promoted by GBPs? I figure they want to stick with their urban promoters.

Comment

I figured the black fighter ODH wanted to promote the most was Clarissa Shields. That way when he meets with her and then tries on her lingerie he can write it off as a business expense.

Comment

Spence looks great but it's easy to have too much faith in a fighter that hasn't been tested. Brook is a step up. ODLH should see what's up with Spence's chin before mentioning names like Sugar Ray Leonard. This is the definition of hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Im pretty sure Spence is bigger and stronger than hearns and Duran
                    Trololololololololololololololololol

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
                      Think about it this way if Gbp put Spence on Conello s under cards, on pay per views and HBO tune up fights Spence would get more exposure to the average fight fan. Spence would start making a name for himself more opportunities to unify the welterweight division if he gets by Brook first. That's the angle I was working with when GBP promoting Spence.
                      Errol Spence Jr's last fight was in front of 6m viewers for Christ's sake! Don't play the man like he's some unknown fighter that no one has ever heard of.

Think about it for a moment; Errol Spence Jr is heading over to the UK, to challenge for the IBF 147lb title, on Sky Box Office and likely at the 30k-seat stadium Brammal Lane (with a likely matinee/evening airing of the fight on Showtime). This, mind you, all after being the headline fighter on the TV broadcast for his last three fights (last two fights being headlining on NBC in primetime).

Haymon's aim is to largely move the sport away from regular PPV, but if Spence does beat Brook, Spence vs Garcia-Thurman winner (for the WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb titles) is a bonafide PPV fight that likely garners a massive site free from MGM Resorts looking to host.

Alvarez definitely has an already established name, but don't act like Errol Spence Jr is a non-factor when it comes to doing business.

Comment

Working...
                      X