Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Osco knows Spence has no promoter and is up for grabs.
    Spence Jr's only obligations are to his father, his trainer, and Al Haymon, all of whom have nary a good thing to say about Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
      Spence is that talent Golden Boy Promotions needs. Theirs are big gap in their promotion between Canelo and everyone else in their promotion from not a talent perspective but from a marketing perspective.

Errol won't due it but if I was him I would call Al Haymon and tell him to get a meeting with Oscar and see what they would offer him.

Why not do 1 fight under Golden Boy Promotions and see what kind of pay there offering per fight. If it's anything from 1 to 2 million per fight why not do a trial deal?
      Because Errol Spence Jr is literally heading to the UK in a few months to earn more than even your trial purse from Golden Boy, lol.

Between Spence Jr, his father, his trainer, and Al Haymon, he's been moved to the cusp of superstardom without owing anyone outside of his core camp and blunt nickel.

There's nothing that Oscar can do for Spence Jr that his camp can't already do on their own, and that's beyond obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Errol Spence Jr's last fight was in front of 6m viewers for Christ's sake! Don't play the man like he's some unknown fighter that no one has ever heard of.
        Garcia, Thurman, Wilder, Porter, Mikey Garcia, Lomachenko, Kovalev, Joshua, Khan, GGG, out of all those fighters, Oscar choose to name Spence Jr as the fighter he'd love to promote. This narrative that Spence is unknown is ridiculous. Hearn is looking to put 30,000 butts in the seat for the Spence fight. More than any other fight Kell has headlined.

Comment

Because Errol Spence Jr is literally heading to the UK in a few months to earn more than even your trial purse from Golden Boy, lol.

Between Spence Jr, his father, his trainer, and Al Haymon, he's been moved to the cusp of superstardom without owing anyone outside of his core camp and blunt nickel.

There's nothing that Oscar can do for Spence Jr that his camp can't already do on their own, and that's beyond obvious.

Pretty much this^^^. He is in control of his boxing career. He doesn't have to pay a % to too many people. And he has only been a pro for like 4 years. Can't argue with that model at the moment.

Comment

Once those racist emails were released during the Golden Boy/Haymon suit, no black fighter in the country will sign with Oscar.

Keep dreaming Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
              Why would Haymon help him check out the opposition? Why would Spence fight for a company that has 0 WW's for him to fight? Kiss the Danny/Thurman winner goodbye, Pac or Bradley are always off the table and he probably won't get any headlines on HBO because they're already invested in former Soviets. No move to GB is good for anyone considering the company as of now has never successfully promoted anyone
              Well Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon are doing another fight together, so it's hard to fully say their competitors when in reality they are more coworkers than anything.
              Second while Golden Boy Promotions doesn't have any of the top 10 Welterweights he could attempt to convince Top Rank into doing a Spence vs Bradley or Pac fight if the money's right for both parties.
              Third DSG vs Thurman winner isn't fight Spence anytime soon. That's a pipe dream. That might happen a year maybe a year and a half down the line.
              Forth how can you say they haven't successfully promoted anyone? Canelo makes more than anyone in the sport. Vargas and Lemieux got titles are getting headline fights on HBO.
              Last Golden Boy Promotions got Jo Jo Diaz four fights on different HBO platforms in one year I bet they could easily do the same for Spence.

Comment

So let me ask you this question who made more money between Khan fighting Canelo and Brook fighting GGG?
                I believe it was Khan if I'm wrong I apologize but the reason why I bring that up is HBO stars make more than PBC stars per fight.
                Golden Boy could do the same for Spence because again their looking for elite talent that they can market now instead of them waiting on their prospects to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Pretty much this^^^. He is in control of his boxing career. He doesn't have to pay a % to too many people. And he has only been a pro for like 4 years. Can't argue with that model at the moment.
                  If you can really fight, Haymon's model gives you the best chance to achieve your every dream. If it's shown that there's some limit to your ability, Haymon's model still gives you a chance to try and max out on whatever your ability is.

It's a tangent to the conversation, but Adrien Broner is going to go as far as Adrien Broner can go; the Granados fight seems to show, rather emphatically, that Broner is unlikely to compete with the top 10 fighters at welterweight.

Still, with the structure that's in place, About Billios can promote Broner's fights, Broner can still target fights against folks like Manny Pacquiao (faded) or Ricky Burns (limited fighter, but with the structure to do significant business at 140lbs), and he can roll with fighters in that 10-30 rating at 147 or with the top 15 fighters at 140lbs.

He doesn't have the ability to earn money like Floyd, but Broner is going to end up doing very well for himself.

Errol Spence Jr simply needs to keep fighting well and winning, and he's got blockbuster potential to him (NYC, Dallas, TX, and Las Vegas are all potential host cities for his fights, Spence is a wholesome nice guy, while also having a fighter's edge to him, is an action fighter who minds his defense, and is a handsome enough guy to crossover into interest from the female audience).

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                    Well Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon are doing another fight together, so it's hard to fully say their competitors when in reality they are more coworkers than anything.
                    Second while Golden Boy Promotions doesn't have any of the top 10 Welterweights he could attempt to convince Top Rank into doing a Spence vs Bradley or Pac fight if the money's right for both parties.
                    Third DSG vs Thurman winner isn't fight Spence anytime soon. That's a pipe dream. That might happen a year maybe a year and a half down the line.
                    Forth how can you say they haven't successfully promoted anyone? Canelo makes more than anyone in the sport. Vargas and Lemieux got titles are getting headline fights on HBO.
                    Last Golden Boy Promotions got Jo Jo Diaz four fights on different HBO platforms in one year I bet they could easily do the same for Spence.
                    Golden Boy has Canelo AFTER Shaeffer built him; Oscar wasn't in charge for that.

GB and Haymon only work together on PPVs for Canelo, Haymon would be a fool not to. They are hardly coworkers when one side considers the other a "Black Hitler".

Haymon has a better chance of convincing TR to make a deal on one of those fights considering he has other WWs for bargaining and a 140+ Broner for Crawford; GB has nothing

Lastly Jo Jo Diaz is B and/or cheap A. Spence isn't. Spence has a 6 million viewed fight and is considered the next big thing. HBO will have to pay, unlike they have to with Diaz. Why again would he trust anything to an addict at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      I could see Errol doing way better with GBP actually. GBP or Top Rank.
                      I Hate Hayom... I HATE Haymon... I HATE HAYMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

Comment

Working...
                      X