Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez: Canelo Picked Me Over GGG For 'Easier Fight, More Money'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Turning down an offer because it isn't good enough and getting on with his career is chasing Canelo hard?

How do you work that one out?
    So you're telling me Golden Goose Gennady ain't actively pursuing Cameltoč ?

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      I think we should gauge Canelo vs Chavez Jr.ppv's vs
      GGG vs Jacobs ppv's and based on those numbers give the guys the corresponding split based on success.

I think that would be very fair.
      You can't get a fair assesment of each man's drawing power without taking the opponent's drawing power into account too.

You also have to take into account the fact that GGG's wordwide fan base would add a lot to the total income from the fight. HBO numbers are only one part of a wider picture.

Comment

GGG's last PPV, in the UK against Brook, sold 642k .. and that was just in the UK. Brooks previous PPV headliner only did 39k, so you can see from that how much appeal Golovkin has now.

GGG has many more fans worldwide than Canelo. Taking that into consideration, plus Canelo's falling HBO PPV numbers, Golovkin would bring as much money to the fight as Canelo.

50/50 on all the income would be fair, imo.
        Why isnt ggg-jacobs on uk ppv??, you know since ggg is that big over there..

Comment

You can't get a fair assesment of each man's drawing power without taking the opponent's drawing power into account too.

You also have to take into account the fact that GGG's wordwide fan base would add a lot to the total income from the fight. HBO numbers are only one part of a wider picture.
          Fair point, now would you agree that a Canelo vs Jacobs would do from 300k to 350k?

I mean, if Canelo is not fighting another name he usually does from 300-350 range, just being honest
          if GGG vs Jacobs does that then I'd totally say 50-50 split.

Do u agree?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            We ain't pals. And I don't need to try, you're vaguely amusing when you're actually trying to be so the point I begin to take advise of off you I know I'm really in trouble, until that day....
            awww, i thought we were buds m8

Comment

So you're telling me Golden Goose Gennady ain't actively pursuing Cameltoč ?
              GGG is getting ready to defend 3 world titles against the No 2 MW in the world. After that, assuming he beats Jacobs, he'll be pursuing the 4th title held by BJS. There are rumours of a possible unification fight between GGG and BJS in Kazhakstan this summer, coinciding with the Expo 2017 event.

Meanwhile, Canelo and Oscar can't stop talking about GGG ...

Comment

good riddance

He's holed up with his old man, Jerry.

it is amusing that mlac refers to Lou Cipher as my boyfriend..... as he desperately searches for him

just prior to New Year..... I was giving Cipher a monster vagina-kicking, on about 8 different threads..... and then suddenly, Lou was gone.....

I removed all those threads from my bookmarks about 2 weeks ago

oh dear..... how sad..... never mind

Comment

canelo is not gonna fight ggg ever, golden boy prom. has nobody else that would make enough money to keep the wheels turning, there is just too much risk on fighting ggg.

Comment

Turning down an offer because it isn't good enough and getting on with his career is chasing Canelo hard?

How do you work that one out?

insinuating that Hypekin deserves 50% made you look like a right fkn muppet

a golov-muppet, to be precise LMAO

fine, let's play that game.....

Hypekin will make a ridiculous demand, like he did with Ward..... that will kill the fight, like it did with Ward..... and then you will blame the other guy, like you did with Ward

#foolio

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                      Everyone knoww GGG is better, why do u think Canelo fights, Layoff Kirkland, Smaller Old Past Prime Cotto, Smaller Chiny Khan, Nobody weakest Champ Smith, Fat Stoner Bum Weight Drained Chavez Jr, while GGG faces the next top dog in his divison.
                      Chavez was considered a dream fight for gggs camp...lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X