Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
    The only way to make Canelo fight GGG, if GGG badmouths Canelo so much that he would take this personal. and then my friends Canelo vs GGG would happen.
    Alvarez isn't dumb enough to let some **** talk end up with him giving 40% of his pot away, so don't fool yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
      .....hes a fighter of Perception who has failed to beat his biggest challenge......

Golovkin is a fighter of hype who has so far failed to TAKE his biggest challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Can't think of one that'd get him even $5m, tbh; maybe vs Arthur Abraham or Felix Sturm in German (between the primetime German TV, primetime UK TV, matinee/evening re-air in the US, with the live money in Germany), but that's it.
        I disagree.

He made that with Smith, an unknown.

The Charlos and Andrade get him more with proper promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Canelo made $13 million against Khan (it was in the court documents for the lawsuit), he probably made $5+ mil against Smith, will likely make around $15 mil+ against Chavez. I think he's perfectly happy with what he's making.

Meanwhile Golovkin's highest payday was £2.6 mil against Brook.....

Who needs who more?
          Between the two, "lil g" is regarded as the more complete boxer and would be favored to win if they were to fight. IF "lil g" goes out and destroys Jacobs next month, it will only increase those odds in his favor too.

I don't think "lil g" needs candelita at all but rather the opposite is true. The diva needs a "lil g" win for legitimacy purposes. She has made a career of beating up on smaller opposition and now she and her coked out pimp think that a Chavez win will give them the that legitiamcy so they can avoid going through "lil g" to obtain it, even though they have talked all this schit and promised a September fight.

Everyone can see through that lame attempt but I can't really blame ODLH for trying as all that coke abuse has slowed his mind down quite a bit and he doesn't realize what he is doing until it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
            I dam not recall Oscar ever fighting for a flat fee
            of course not, he was worth well more than 97k ppvs...

Comment

I thought Golovkin wasn't a business man doe..

honestly GBP is offering him more than he deserves. 15M is more than enough.

GGG is ducking. period.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                I disagree.

He made that with Smith, an unknown.

The Charlos and Andrade get him more with proper promotion.
                i think he was refering to golovkin...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Between the two, "lil g" is regarded as the more complete boxer and would be favored to win if they were to fight. IF "lil g" goes out and destroys Jacobs next month, it will only increase those odds in his favor too.

I don't think "lil g" needs candelita at all but rather the opposite is true. The diva needs a "lil g" win for legitimacy purposes. She has made a career of beating up on smaller opposition and now she and her coked out pimp think that a Chavez win will give them the that legitiamcy so they can avoid going through "lil g" to obtain it, even though they have talked all this schit and promised a September fight.

Everyone can see through that lame attempt but I can't really blame ODLH for trying as all that coke abuse has slowed his mind down quite a bit and he doesn't realize what he is doing until it's too late.
                  ??? In English this time??? I can't understand what you are trying to say with ALL your estrogen flowing?

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                    Because the fight was for the MW title @ 160lbs & Canelo had no leverage, because he wanted ALL the cards in his favor. Split was going to be 55/45 iirc. K2 was willing to give to one or the other, but not both demands, thus Canelo dropped the belt. It's not that it didn't mean anything to him, just less than pride, money & advantages do.

You also jump to conclusions (thinking K2 is demanding 50/50) when there has never been any evidence of this at all. As a point of record, K2 just gave in to DJ's demands of increasing the split more evenly (under no obligation btw, Danny would have dropped his belt) PPV & more prep time for the fight.

I tend to think that History repeats itself & past actions are the best indicator for future occurrences...but to each their own.
                    Alvarez said he wasn't a middleweight, Alvarez has never fought over 155lbs, and Alvarez (rather politely) put the WBC belt in the mail/trash and fought for a junior middleweight title (which he's still kept).

Alvarez was a junior middleweight fighter, who was more than ready to push Golovkin's **** in, and Golovkin and his punk camp refused to give up even a pound to make the fight, after not even conceding a single pound in his fight against a current welterweight champion.

When there's smoke, there's fire; no promoter in their right mind is going to turn down 4-5 times the amount of money their fighter has ever seen on a fight were they not looking for a significant piece of the entire pot (I'm on record with my stated opinion that, once everything is counted and everyone else has been paid, the pot available to the fighters won't top $40m-$45m).

Lastly, Daniel Jacobs had plenty of leverage; if anyone was paying attention, Golovkin and K2 weren't going to take the fight off of HBO. If pressed, Golovkin would've given up the belt and K2/HBO would've tried to spin the "Jacobs just wanted business" story.

Jacobs and his camp had a simple obligation, were K2 to not play ball; see what they could get guaranteed from Barclays Center, see what type of money Stephen Espinoza was willing to commit from Showtime, gauge the interest from Eddie Hearn and Sky Sports for the UK TV rights, gauge sponsor interest, and then be ready to place a bid that would breakeven on the projected revenues (or up to however much money Haymon is ready to front out of his own pocket beyond the projected revenues).

And, to drive it home, you make it clear to K2 and HBO what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                      I thought Golovkin wasn't a business man doe..

honestly GBP is offering him more than he deserves. 15M is more than enough.

GGG is ducking. period.
                      Golovkin says he can already envision the next round of excuses coming from Canelo's side, saying he thinks Golden Boy will throw him a low-ball offer to get out of negotiations next year.

""The next step is for Canelo to say, ‘I'm ready. I'm side A, [Golovkin] is side B, and I'll give him $2 million,'" Golovkin predicted. "Then, [Alvarez] can say, ‘What? He won't take that? He's not ready? I'm ready.'"

GGG - "As far as games go, I'm more of a Monopoly kind of guy myself -- but only if I can be the bank."

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/9/2/...ore-excuses-to

Comment

Working...
                      X