Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
    Oscar's words are like farts.
    Hahaha this is funny all i'm gonna do now when DLH talks is pretend he's farting out his mouth!

Comment

Exactly. BBB side will dictate nothing when it comes to this fight. He takes the offer given or he can go fight bums for a 5th of what he can make with Canelo. Its his choice

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science_ View Post
        At first I was not happy about this fight taking so long. If 3G wants the fight take the offer and take it out on Alvarez in the ring. If 3G wins then he is the A side for a rematch. If you want the fight take the deal and be a good boy!
        I don't blame Golovkin or Canelo. If Canelo thinks he's worth more than Golovkin more power to him. Golovkin has the belts so he figures I'm the Champ I'm not taking short money. Personally I think if he beats Jacobs he should unify with Saunders just ignore Canelo and then move up in weight. That would freeze Canelo where he is now. Canelo can then duck the rest of the Junior Middleweights or move up to Middleweight and duck Charlo who would surely beat the crap out of him. Canelo is painting himself into a corner.

Comment

The only way to make Canelo fight GGG, if GGG badmouths Canelo so much that he would take this personal. and then my friends Canelo vs GGG would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Why can't Golovkin fight Alvarez at 155lbs? he gets to continue on with his "unify the division" bull****, and he'd actually have a meaningful fight to go along with that. Not that difficult.

Rather than try to make the deal, Golovkin refused to fight at anything below 160lbs, and his camp is insisting on a Cotto-type share on the event (the only way a fighter who's never made $4m on a fight wouldn't even lay out a number, imo, is because he's likely asking for a near 50/50 share on the whole event, lol). gtfoh
            Because the fight was for the MW title @ 160lbs & Canelo had no leverage, because he wanted ALL the cards in his favor. Split was going to be 55/45 iirc. K2 was willing to give to one or the other, but not both demands, thus Canelo dropped the belt. It's not that it didn't mean anything to him, just less than pride, money & advantages do.

You also jump to conclusions (thinking K2 is demanding 50/50) when there has never been any evidence of this at all. As a point of record, K2 just gave in to DJ's demands of increasing the split more evenly (under no obligation btw, Danny would have dropped his belt) PPV & more prep time for the fight.

I tend to think that History repeats itself & past actions are the best indicator for future occurrences...but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              I don't blame Golovkin or Canelo. If Canelo thinks he's worth more than Golovkin more power to him. Golovkin has the belts so he figures I'm the Champ I'm not taking short money. Personally I think if he beats Jacobs he should unify with Saunders just ignore Canelo and then move up in weight. That would freeze Canelo where he is now. Canelo can then duck the rest of the Junior Middleweights or move up to Middleweight and duck Charlo who would surely beat the crap out of him. Canelo is painting himself into a corner.
              Infact Charlo is a threat to GGG as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                Same thing Floyd told manny take 40 mil flat fee or no fight he held out and made $100 mil canella is A side deserves 60/40 split but no flat fee
                EXACTLY! Everyone can see it, carrot top deserves the bigger split but it still needs to be a revenue split De La Hoya needs to get of the crack pipe!

Comment

Are there any unbiased boxing fans that believe anything Oscar says or believe that he and golden boy actually want this fight to happen? I know he says that this fight has only been talked about for a yr but in the best case scenario it will be taking place 2 yrs after the demand for it began. Why do boxing fans have to wait 2 yrs for a fight to take place? Movies are made in less time, dragging fights out does nothing but annoy the real fans & turns people off to the sport.

Comment

DLH says upside is in the offer. Can't wait for a K2 response. If no response from K2 then all the people blabbing about the flat fee is unfair need to shut the hell up and put the pressure on K2 to accept the offer.

Comment

I dam not recall Oscar ever fighting for a flat fee

Comment

Working...
                      X