Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar don't want this fight and we all know why. There is no Golden Boy without Canelo. Can't even really blame him.

Im just waiting and hoping for Canelo to step up and demand the fight. He did it with Lara. But he seems to be hiding behind Oscar right now.

Comment

Who was the boxer (or trainer--I can't remember) the other day saying Golden Boy was trying to wait GGG out until he was old by offering low money and that Canelo doesn't make that kind of money for the fight either without GGG? De La Hoya has turned into the very man he despises--Bob Arum, with all of these BS offers and prolonging of fights FOR THE FANS. The money for these fights comes from people like you and me. I don't know why they're protecting him so much because he's an amazing boxer. If by some freak accident he loses to Jr, does GGG become the A side? Wouldn't that be some shi te.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        DLH says upside is in the offer. Can't wait for a K2 response. If no response from K2 then all the people blabbing about the flat fee is unfair need to shut the hell up and put the pressure on K2 to accept the offer.
        Saying an upside is in the offer doesn't make it a fair without knowing exact figures and stipulations.

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
        Until they tell us the real offer how can you decide if it's fair or not
        Bout sums it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Damn damn damn.. I kind of dislike both fighters for the stance that them and their teams are taking in making this fight. This is not comparable to May-Pac whatsoever. The flat fee is BS, but it's not like it wouldn't be ggg's best payday ever. IDK.. I'd like to see a estimated revenue in terms of what this fight would make in gate, ppv, etc etc and see how that looks in regards to the flat fee offer.

with respect, the reported offer is 15mil

you can paint that however the fk you like, but 15mil is this.....

NO reason whatsoever to kill that fight !!

it is absurd that Mr "businessman" has not accepted that FORTUNE

Comment

Baloney !! Canelo did the unthinkable when he handed over the title to GGG instead of getting knocked cold after a terrible beating !

Comment

Oscars Lies

"Canelo’s gonna fight him sooner than later, and it’s not gonna take six or seven years, but we’re looking to make that fight very soon"
              De La Hoya said to International Business Times

"So I feel that, look, you guys waited, the fans waited for Pacquiao-Mayweather for eight years. We’ve been talking about this fight for only a year."
              De La Hoya said to reporters at the Hard Rock Café in Manhattan.

"De La Hoya didn’t divulge details of the Golovkin offer" wrote reporter.

How many lies must De La Hoya tell before people stop believing him?

The only thing i agree with him about is the ball is in Golovkins court.

The reason for this is Golovkins age!
              De La Hoya is NOT going to rush this fight, as the longer it takes, the older GGG gets, and the more likely CONela will win, PLUS the more money GBP make. De La Hoya will offer him a decent purse in another 3-4 years, because apparently 40% for the undisputed champ (fuk the wbo & If he beats Danny) is too much.

I wonder if there is a wager that this fight won't take place in september?
              I'd put money on that.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                That's the point, isn't it?

The Charlos are out there.

Andrade is out there.

Middleweights like Saunders and Lee are still out there.

None of them are Lil g.

Some of them, like Cotto, Jr., and (longshot) Pac are even more lucrative than Lil g.

ALL OF THEM ARE PAYDAYS.

All of them are good to great paydays.

Who does Gennady fight if he can't get Canelo?

Who puts 10 to 15 million in Golovkin's pocket?

Even another 5 million?

Who?
                Can't think of one that'd get him even $5m, tbh; maybe vs Arthur Abraham or Felix Sturm in German (between the primetime German TV, primetime UK TV, matinee/evening re-air in the US, with the live money in Germany), but that's it.

Comment

If ggg and nelo win their fights there is no reason why it shouldn't happen in September, and if it doesn't happen then I'm done waiting on it all parties should move on nelo will get exposed again soon enough either way hes the flat foot gawd.

Comment

I can't find anything that doesn't start with 8 figures when it comes to what GBP is offering to Lil g.

If there is upside included that's a good deal no matter what else comes with it.

Let's start with a guaranteed 10M, the lowest 8 figures possible.

I don't think the fight does as well as some do but just to humor folks let's imagine it does 1.5M buys.

That's 47M dollars to the promoters. Add a live gate + sponsors (while minusing other purses and promotion) netting another 8M. Let's say Alvarez gets a 20M guarantee (twice Lil g's) and the upside is split the same way
                    (2/3 to 1/3).

That comes out to an 18M payday for Lil g.

But, what if it doesn't do well?

I think we can all agree it does 800K buys at least.

That's a much smaller pie.

Lil g's upside goes to only 1M, making for an 11M payday.

Here's the thing.

Whether it is 11M or 18M, even with only a third of the upside it is Lil g's hugest payday by far.

And if he wins, he gets to be the 2/3 with everyone else not named Canelo from there on out.

When you actually plug in reasonable numbers, there are only 2 conclusions you can make.

Either GBP is lowballing the hell out of K2 or K2 is insanely overestimating Lil g's worth.

I ponder thru this and it is clear that even an offer much less than the 60/40 Loeffler mentioned a few times is a huge windfall that Golovkin simply won't get anywhere else.
                    Last edited by koolkc107; 02-21-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I don't blame Golovkin or Canelo. If Canelo thinks he's worth more than Golovkin more power to him. Golovkin has the belts so he figures I'm the Champ I'm not taking short money. Personally I think if he beats Jacobs he should unify with Saunders just ignore Canelo and then move up in weight. That would freeze Canelo where he is now. Canelo can then duck the rest of the Junior Middleweights or move up to Middleweight and duck Charlo who would surely beat the crap out of him. Canelo is painting himself into a corner.
                      not really.

Alvarez has shown that he's willing to fight whomever at the weight that he wants, and he's the biggest draw in the sport 154-168.

Golovkin's only possible chance at any leverage would come with having all of the belts, and even that isn't all that much.

Alvarez is likely going to be able to make 154lbs for another year or so, and from them on, he can simply fight catchweight fights for the rest of his career, until the time comes to fight for a world title at 168 (if that move happens).

Any fighter north of 140lbs with a name is going to angle for the catchweight fight against the star versus taking a lesser payday to fight Golovkin for his trinkets.

Comment

Working...
                      X