Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    How do you figure? We have a HW w/ a ton of KO's, a belt and isn't more popular than ggg at this very moment. If Wilder isn't a superstar or even much a star, what makes you think ggg would be?

Unless he tags Floyd's name to him, then maybe he'd be a bit better known
    Definitely this^^^

Guy is in historically the most popular division and isn't even half the attraction GGG is

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I agree with you. Growing up you watched who they put on. Nowadays, with more access to more fighters because of NSB, youtube, streams, etc. I like guys like Arakawa, Rigo, Mares, LSC, etc.

I agree that if GGG were an American he'd have far more hype and exposure but again that would be in part because his Olympic career would have been televised here and one of the big promoters, almost surely TR, would have signed him.

I think any fighter, but especially an American, that has all his fights on US TV from the time he tunrs pro, would be more popular than a dude from Kazakstan that just hit US TV after his 20th fight.

he would be a star

Comment

With the black supremacist posters on here, he'd be a god.

To the sane posters, he'd be the same as he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          he cant sell? he's sold out venues all over the united states despite only fighting in this country for about 4 years sold out in the uk and had a successful ppv there.he's headlining his second ppv in the states.
          Let me put it this way, he can't sell like a star, he call sell like a good exciting fighter but not like a star, he won't ever be able to make superstar numbers without taking tough even fights or fights against other big superstars while accepting his B side role, other than that these big superstars won't fight him, this is the path great fighters had to take to become superstars and he's not any different.

You can't compare the UK ppv number to the US ppv numbers because ppv in England cost like 15 bucks, in the US however it's like 50+ dollars, plus in England people came to see Brook, not GGG, let GGG fight Jacobs in England and let's see what kind of numbers are they going to do. When he had a PPV in the US the fight sold 97k, I expect his fight with Jacobs to sell like 200-250k, if he decides to fight Canelo next and he beats him he becomes instantly a big attraction, but until then and apart from Jacobs he will remain between 100-200k in the US.

Comment

If he was American he would be more popular methinks. If he was Irish? Boooyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              he cant sell? he's sold out venues all over the united states despite only fighting in this country for about 4 years sold out in the uk and had a successful ppv there.he's headlining his second ppv in the states.
              His PPV numbers are poor lets be honest.

Brooks name sold that fight because the thousands of casuals in the UK wanted to see him as the great british Hope going up against someone who had been billed as a devastating monster.

Brook and Hearn sold that fight. If GGG vs Jacobs was PPV in the UK, it wouldnt sell a third of the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                His PPV numbers are poor lets be honest.

Brooks name sold that fight because the thousands of casuals in the UK wanted to see him as the great british Hope going up against someone who had been billed as a devastating monster.

Brook and Hearn sold that fight. If GGG vs Jacobs was PPV in the UK, it wouldnt sell a third of the numbers.
                David Haye killed PPV in the UK. The Audley debacle is still burnt into the memory.

Comment

I gotta say yes sadly

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                    David Haye killed PPV in the UK. The Audley debacle is still burnt into the memory.
                    Audley - Haye made everyone stand up and realise they were getting mugged off for the content they were getting.

The quality of the boxing doesnt deserve the price tag right now, especially where Hearn is concerned.

IDGAF if the undercard has 10 fights on it, if only one of them is decent and the ME is one sided as ****, it isnt worth £16.95.

But when you have 450,000 idiots who only got into boxing because they watched us do well in the last two olympics, its easy money.

Ive been to the 02 for a matchroom card, and just listening to the general conversations behing held around me, i estimate 80% of the people there, didnt know 75% of the boxers on the card.

PPV in the UK is in the ****ing toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      With the black supremacist posters on here, he'd be a god.

To the sane posters, he'd be the same as he is now.
                      Not a word about the white supremacist posters.

Comment

Working...
                      X