Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    what makes you think they wouldnt be a fan of ggg if he was black? their not a fan of ggg because of skin color but because of fighting style! name a black fighter like ggg that gets shitted on on here?
    some are just like some hate him for his skin color

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      what makes you think they wouldnt be a fan of ggg if he was black? their not a fan of ggg because of skin color but because of fighting style! name a black fighter like ggg that gets shitted on on here?
      Dude, please have some respect for yourself. Most of those guys state that outright. Those guys like GGG for what he represents to them and no other reason.

Is every ggg fan like that, absolutely not. unfortunately, those guys are the loudest and most prominent.

Comment

Big Dunn had it right. Most NSB'ers aren't Black, so he wouldn't be as popular here But as a whole he'd be more famous in America.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Come on Mak, you don't believe that. Wilder is undefeated and has a ton of KO's and he doesn't get showered with praise by any of us.
          GGG has dedicated troll's and haters that make daily threads and posts and re-direct every single other thread into about GGG in terms of comparison about Wilder threads, there is no comparison, wilder is hardly even talked about.

Literally thousands and thousands of posts about GGG on a daily basis.

Yet all the same freaks/haters/trolls defend wilder...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            you dont think Kigali would be dry-humping his tv everytime a black GGG came out?

i do
            Kigali is in his own space. I'm talking me and the others. I freely admit I might have gravitated toward him if he were an AMerican. But I am not looking for the next great AMerican hope.

Comment

Kigali is in his own space. I'm talking me and the others. I freely admit I might have gravitated toward him if he were an AMerican. But I am not looking for the next great AMerican hope.
              Its funny how Tunney is praised for being a racist but percieved racist black posters are attacked. That seems to be the way it is here.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 02-15-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

as am i...there's still a part of this fight fan that has that rooting interest

when i look at all my favorites coming up; Marvin, Mike, Pernell, Roy, i realized they were all American

then i broadened my horizons and just rooted for whoever entertained me, regardless of nationality...that's when it went next level...Mexican boxing, the special Asian fighters, the unique South American fighters...and now these killers from the Eastern Bloc...plenty of entertainment for me these days

but back on topic, i'm sure GGG would have a much bigger fanbase if he was African American and laying people out...think Jeff Lacy hype times 300

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                  How do you figure? We have a HW w/ a ton of KO's, a belt and isn't more popular than ggg at this very moment. If Wilder isn't a superstar or even much a star, what makes you think ggg would be?

Unless he tags Floyd's name to him, then maybe he'd be a bit better known
                  exactly.........

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    GGG has dedicated troll's and haters that make daily threads and posts and re-direct every single other thread into about GGG in terms of comparison about Wilder threads, there is no comparison, wilder is hardly even talked about.

Literally thousands and thousands of posts about GGG on a daily basis.

Yet all the same freaks/haters/trolls defend wilder...
                    Yes, GGG is discussed a lot. But who is making the threads? It's as much bigsramashow, jubei and Maxi as it is those that don't like him.

There are not literally thousands and thousands of posts on GGG a day. There are barely 2,000 posts a day in NSB nowadays.

You and everyone else knows NSB has a small segment of African American/black posters that post regularly. Even if everyone single one of us hated GGG and made a thread a day, it wouldn't move he needle the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      as am i...there's still a part of this fight fan that has that rooting interest

when i look at all my favorites coming up; Marvin, Mike, Pernell, Roy, i realized they were all American

then i broadened my horizons and just rooted for whoever entertained me, regardless of nationality...that's when it went next level...Mexican boxing, the special Asian fighters, the unique South American fighters...and now these killers from the Eastern Bloc...plenty of entertainment for me these days

but back on topic, i'm sure GGG would have a much bigger fanbase if he was African American and laying people out...think Jeff Lacy hype times 300
                      that's true and if he still have the same resume he be trashed just like wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X