Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Don't Want To Hear Weight Excuses After I Beat Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: Don't Want To Hear Weight Excuses After I Beat Brook

Kell Brook could've moved up. That's the message Errol Spence Jr. wants boxing fans to remember once he beats Brook on May 20 in Sheffield, England. Brook could've advanced from welterweight (147 pounds) to junior middleweight (154), but according to Spence, the British star's decision to remain at welterweight eliminates any justification for making weight-related excuses.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a great fight ending in a possible KO. I hope I will be able to get tickets for this one because as a Spence fan I wanna be ringside.

Comment

“I don’t wanna hear no excuses,” Spence told BoxingScene.com. “If he needs an excuse, he should’ve moved up.” “Most fighters you run into have to lose a lot of weight to make weight,” Spence said. “Nobody walks around at their fight weight. Even me, I’m a big welterweight. Me and Kell Brook are probably the same size. I walked around at 170-plus. I have to drop a lot of weight, too. I don’t see that as a factor at all and I’m not gonna rely on weight drain or him having to lose weight as a factor in the fight.”

Spence earning his haters by speaking the truth

Comment

So honest! He even admits that he is a big welterweight. Rare breed today. He is hyping this fight for me.

Comment

Spence saying all the right things ... sounds confident

May the best man win on the night

Comment

Brook should've moved up! The kid is going to break him!

Comment

Excellent out if Brook comes @ him Spence by TKO...

Comment

September 17, 2016 (Ring TV):

Spence, 26, put on his analyst cap and broke down a fight between himself and Canelo. “We’re both technically sound,” he said. “We both have great fundamentals, both have power and both very explosive. I think it would be a great fight.”

Brook has spoken of possibly moving up to junior middleweight, whereby he would have to vacate the welterweight title, allowing Spence and the next highest, available IBF contender to fight for it. Spence is already back in the gym, following his scintillating sixth-round knockout of Leonard Bundu last month in Coney Island. So if Brook vacates the title, Spence hopes to fight for the title in either late November or December. Beyond that, the match that seems to pique his interest is against Canelo at AT&T Stadium.

“If I could fill it up like Canelo can, that would be great, a dream come true,” Spence said. “I would move up in weight. I walk around in the high 160s, so I would definitely move up (to face Canelo). I’m a big welterweight.”

http://www.******.com/465351-spence-...elo-154-texas/

Comment

They will ALWAYS make excuses champ....they got em lined up.

#mandown

Comment

Instead of staying humble and being thankful that his opponent chose to honor the sport of boxing by fighting a little known, dangerous mandatory, Spence keeps running his mouth. At this rate I hope Brook knocks his ass out.

And make no mistkae about it - Brook will be drained and will look like crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X