Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the past decade, which rising star fell faster and harder than Jeff Lacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
    Seth Mitchell.
    I was just thinking about him the other day.

Mike Alvardo fell pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He's more known over there than he is here.
      That's so true.

Lacey wasn't even an ant hill on the US boxing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        That's so true.

Lacey wasn't even an ant hill on the US boxing scene.
        lacey was an interesting case: He could bang and got away with it for a while. Its hard to believe he experienced "death by slapping" at the hands of Joe... But that seems to be what happened.

Comment

Lacy was a titleholder, featured on premium cable numerous times. He wasn't a superstar, but I would be fine calling him a "rising star"

I would agree that no one fell as fast or hard as Left Hook Lacy (sidenote, WhyTF was his nickname Left Hook? I never saw him throw it. It was always clubbing rights. As one-handed a fighter as there was.

Maybe the only one comparable was JuanMa Lopez - also titleholder with several premium cable features.

Dudes like Bojado & Seth Mitchell never reached this level.

And dudes like Victor Ortiz & Alvarado I felt fell gradually and slowly.

Dudes like Chad Dawson & Pavlik, they at least had some time at the peak of their career -- so they were no longer "rising" stars, before the sudden fall.

Comment

Tons. First, Jeff Lacy wasn't a star by any means. Second, raushee warren just lost, Mickey bet lost, tommy Morrison had wayyyyyy more star power. Please stop living on a U.K. Dream. It's over Jeff Lacy lost but unproven hassim Rahman koed Lennox in a far bigger upset. Please. Relax on your nostalgia. Britain felt good but us didn't even care, it wasn't even a us primetime fight which showed his star power

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              lacey was an interesting case: He could bang and got away with it for a while. Its hard to believe he experienced "death by slapping" at the hands of Joe... But that seems to be what happened.
              Watch the omar sheika fight.
              Lacey was never interesting.

They exaggerate his importance to boost that coward Calslappy.

You can tell Brit boxing ain't **** when beating a Jeff Lacey is a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                Tons. First, Jeff Lacy wasn't a star by any means. Second, raushee warren just lost, Mickey bet lost, tommy Morrison had wayyyyyy more star power. Please stop living on a U.K. Dream. It's over Jeff Lacy lost but unproven hassim Rahman koed Lennox in a far bigger upset. Please. Relax on your nostalgia. Britain felt good but us didn't even care, it wasn't even a us primetime fight which showed his star power

Comment

Sergio Martinez.

But Victor Ortiz has to be #1 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Watch the omar sheika fight.
                    Lacey was never interesting.

They exaggerate his importance to boost that coward Calslappy.

You can tell Brit boxing ain't **** when beating a Jeff Lacey is a big deal
                    But Jeff was a Florida native! I guess they had to find someone Slappy could beat convincingly.

Comment

Chavez jr ate himself off the map.....

Comment

Working...
                      X