Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the past decade, which rising star fell faster and harder than Jeff Lacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be honest, I really don't remember this Jeff Lacy Hype and I been a boxing fan a LONG TIME. The Buzz was over his Physique more than anything he LOOKED like he was going to be a Star Physically but Jermain Taylor was the man from that 2000 Class NOT Jeff Lacy. Taylor won Bronze, Lacy did not Medal!

Biggest disappointment I seen in the past Decade was actually Audley Harrison, Harrison was a GOLD MEDAL WINNER, Audley was signed to a BBC Sports Network Deal wasn't that dude suppose to be like the next Lennox Lewis or something? funny how people never mention Audley Harrison who is a BIGGER disappointment than Lacy

Also nobody remember Nino Rodriguez? He had a bit of a Buzz in the heavyweight Division because he was a Mexican Heavyweight. Calvin Brock, Michael Bennett if your know your **** Jeff Lacy not even be Top 5 Most Disappointing in the last Decade honestly, Top 10 for sure though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Maybe not a star, but he fell completely off the map faster than anyone except for maybe mike Jones
      Mike Jones is a good call

Comment

Juan Manuel Lopez is another one

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I will be honest, I really don't remember this Jeff Lacy Hype and I been a boxing fan a LONG TIME.
          The chatter came because he was dominating IBO and IBF before Calslappy beat him. He'd already made the leap to Vegas for shows and many were hyping up as "the next Tyson" because of how he fought. Problem is he'd never faced anyone who was a threat until Calslappy.

A near bum in Richard Grant, who got his clock cleaned by a raw punch by James Butler, took Lacy the distance. That fight alone told me it was a matter of time before he got exposed.

Comment

Jermain Taylor

Comment

Austin trout...i thought he must have had something when mundine ducked him...but it turns out not much....and daniel geale who went from winning 2 world titles in corrupt ass germany to getting kod by renold quillan in 2 rds a few fights later. Sure he got good boyed but i still though he could match most of the rest of the field

Comment

Ricky Hatton went from a great fighter to a complete bum real quick. Mayweather and pacquiao scarred that boy up.

Comment

Juanma Lopez. Rising star of Peurto Rico lol

Comment

No I can't. After Calzaghe KOed him I don't think he ever won an important fight again.

Comment

Juanma Lopez. Mannn he was through the roof popular and then Salido basically turned him into dust.

Comment

Working...
                      X