Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Else Hopes Boxing's Next Big Megastar Is A Bigger Guy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If AJ beats Wlad and does so in entertaining fashion, he'll be halfway there.

Other than that, there's no one else with any crossover appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPugilist View Post
      I would LOVE to see an era of mega star heavyweights. I think at the center, AJ is most likely to be The Man to carry the division (maybe the entire sport). He's got rabid fans in his home country, he brings KO power, and he's capable of conducting an interview that's interesting.
      You were doing well up to that point!

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        I have nothing against smaller guys, and I understand the "pound for pound" measurement of determining a fighter's skill level, but I also love it when guys have the aura of being "the baddest man on the planet" rather than just "da P4P best." That means someone who's at least a Light Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, or (of course) a Heavyweight.

Does anyone else agree? Get us another Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, or Roy Jones, Jr. type of fighter up in here.
        I agree but I think we're stuck with the days of the smaller man being more skillful.
        Anthony Joshua has given us a shot of having that man for the future but don't forget about Wladimir Klitschko, I rate him very highly in his heyday he was knocking out all the best guys and the American sports media were constantly trying to discredit him and his division.

I will remember these last 10 years of boxing for Wladimirs dominance not Floyds.

Comment

I've always been about HW boxing first & the rest..
          Joshua if he wins against Wlad will be the next biggest star in boxing (although I think he will lose)

Comment

I generally prefer guys in the 147 to 160 range. For whatever reason those are the guys I become big fans of as a general rule. I don't really keep up with heavyweights and until recently did'nt care much about CW's either lol. Having said that. I do hope a Joshua or Wilder or anyone out of the heavyweights breaks out as a huge star, because it is better for the sport overall. It will almost certainly take a heavyweight to drag some folks back to the sport and give it that big buzz.

Comment

Anthony Joshua will probably be the next crossover star.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                I agree but I think we're stuck with the days of the smaller man being more skillful.
                Anthony Joshua has given us a shot of having that man for the future but don't forget about Wladimir Klitschko, I rate him very highly in his heyday he was knocking out all the best guys and the American sports media were constantly trying to discredit him and his division.

I will remember these last 10 years of boxing for Wladimirs dominance not Floyds.
                Wlad has never been knocking out all the best guys.

Comment

HW boxing used to be incredible. i don't think a lot of people understand just how freakishly muhammad ali was at boxing.

Comment

that would be nice but sadly all anyone would ask or say is "who has he beat", "hes only fought bums"

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      that would be nice but sadly all anyone would ask or say is "who has he beat", "hes only fought bums"
                      Sure on NSB, but casuals love the HWs bigtime..

Comment

Working...
                      X