Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Else Hopes Boxing's Next Big Megastar Is A Bigger Guy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just imagine if boxing, had a heavyweight version of Conor Mcgregor! boxers these days, especially heavyweights seem to be really dull personalities! (Accept for maybe David Haye & Shannon Briggs/Tyson Fury)...

Boxers need to understand that boxing is not just a sport, it is also show business! and within a individual sport like boxing you must learn the skill of self promotion!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Wlad has never been knocking out all the best guys.
      Yes, he has, in his prime years he has beat everyone that matters.
      The only one he hasn't got is Fury, but that isn't his fault that Fury is an emotional diva that has no real control of his body or mind.

Only you would try to discredit a legend out of your pure hatred for someone actually being a good role model, whilst you root for a cocaine binging, faking injuries, and alcohol binging loser.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        I have nothing against smaller guys, and I understand the "pound for pound" measurement of determining a fighter's skill level, but I also love it when guys have the aura of being "the baddest man on the planet" rather than just "da P4P best." That means someone who's at least a Light Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, or (of course) a Heavyweight.

Does anyone else agree? Get us another Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, or Roy Jones, Jr. type of fighter up in here.
        BROOOO, look at my thread history. We've been obsessed with midgets for the last 15 years. TIME TO MOVE ON

I blame manny floyd, they made people believe the welterweight divisions is the only division. When in really, they are SMALL men

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
          Yes, he has, in his prime years he has beat everyone that matters.
          The only one he hasn't got is Fury, but that isn't his fault that Fury is an emotional diva that has no real control of his body or mind.

Only you would try to discredit a legend out of your pure hatred for someone actually being a good role model, whilst you root for a cocaine binging, faking injuries, and alcohol binging loser.
          I didn't say he never beat top guys. He just didn't knock out top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            Just imagine if boxing, had a heavyweight version of Conor Mcgregor! boxers these days, especially heavyweights seem to be really dull personalities! (Accept for maybe David Haye & Shannon Briggs/Tyson Fury)...

Boxers need to understand that boxing is not just a sport, it is also show business! and within a individual sport like boxing you must learn the skill of self promotion!
            Agreed. I thought Tyson Fury could have been that guy (and maybe still could be); He had the name, the charisma, the trash talk, the youth, and he just came off of beating Klischko, ending the longest heavyweight title reign in boxing history. The verbal showdown he had with Wilder in the ring was awesome, too. Unfortunaely, his personal life spiraled out of control and who knows if his boxing career will ever get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
              Agreed. I thought Tyson Fury could have been that guy (and maybe still could be); He had the name, the charisma, the trash talk, the youth, and he just came off of beating Klischko, ending the longest heavyweight title reign in boxing history. The verbal showdown he had with Wilder in the ring was awesome, too. Unfortunaely, his personal life spiraled out of control and who knows if his boxing career will ever get back on track.
              Boxing at elite level is becoming to corroborate sometimes! one of the major reasons in my opinion, why some boxers don't self promote themselves is? the fear of losing sponsors! That is why Dillian Whyte was referring to Anthony Joshua as fake! he has his corroborate persona to please his sponsors, and real persona(Which he never reveals!)....

The boxers that don't have any mainstream sponsorship deals, are usually the ones who speak their mind and truth! Nike, Adidas are never going to sponsor Tyson Fury for example, and that is why he was so outspoken...

That's why self promotion and basically being your own boss like David Haye is important! professional sports is basically modern day slavery!
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-14-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X