Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    Two years later this September, K2 isn't bowing.

Good for them, **** Canelo.

K2 sent a counter offer that's fair as hell. Why isn't Canelo signing.

Likely the same reason Canelo vacated his title when faced with fighting ggg.

They wanted 70/30 then, now it's 60/40

Yea, **** them for turning on a guy who spent years saying he's different then Floyd only to start acting like Floyd and even citing him when questioned on it.

Canelo vacated the green belt. If you're Mexican, then you know why that doesn't fly.
    **** that green belt! Canelo don't need no POS belt! Their all a ****ing joke! When you have 5-6 champions per division then the belts become a joke. Little g can keep all them belts. I have no problem with Canelo vacating that piece of **** belt! Little g wants the fight then sign the contract. That simple!
    Canelo calls the shots!

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Can you break down this $100m figure please?
      Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      That's delusional. $100 million/$60 is 1.667 ppv buys. No way in mutha ****ing hell this is a $100 million fight.
      It's not a $60 PPV it's a $70 PPV. It will do 1 milli buys which is 70 mil. Plus the live gate?? It's pretty close but you won't see it because that would be acknowledging that it's a Bs split of 85-15. This is a 60-40 split for cantnelo not 85-15

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Floyd agreed to a 50/50 purse split against Pacquiao, actually.

But Pac walked away just because he was asked to drug test.
        That's a little too simple for what happened. PAC didn't want to be tested in the days before. And Floyd offered a flat fee.

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        **** that green belt! Canelo don't need no POS belt! Their all a ****ing joke! When you have 5-6 champions per division then the belts become a joke. Little g can keep all them belts. I have no problem with Canelo vacating that piece of **** belt! Little g wants the fight then sign the contract. That simple!
        Canelo calls the shots!
        Yep, Mexican don't **** around. Guess Canelo is all talk.

Golovkin doesn't need the fight. It's a pay day, but legacy wise he can fry bigger fish. If he feels confident Canelo can't run forever, good for him.

Until then, Canelo will have on three occasions after a fight pro used fans he'd make the fight, only to keep pushing it away.

No one but you apologist will care that Canelo thinks he deserves 90% of the split. Fans want the fit. If Canelo is unwilling to give 30% of the cut up, he's just Ducking yet ahpgain.

No matter how much you scream and pout, that's the narrative. Canelo vacated a title after calling Golovkin into the ring, and then pushed the fight down the road for another year or more

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Alvarez doesn't want Golovkin taking anything off of his pie, to be blunt about it.

The upfront fee may be at a premium for Golovkin, but Alvarez seems happy to pay that premium if it means that he, himself gets to keep all of the back-end money.

What Alvarez has made it entirely clear that he's not going to do (outside of Floyd or Cotto) is split the backend of the money with any other fighter at this point.

Take the payday or not, Alvarez is going to follow up his May fight with Chavez Jr with a big PPV in September, with out without Golovkin.
          You mean, Floyd, Cotto, Khan, Chavez Jr... Why you gotta be making up **** non stop?

If it's only doing 600-800k, there won't be any backend for him after those 15m, he'll there might not be much front end. Use your head for once, OK?

Comment

• In 2014, GB was like we won't be like Floyd

I guess when De La Hoya said this to Floyd, he didn't really mean Canelo would act differently.

Take out Floyd name and insert Canelo and this could be about a Canelo. Always needs an advantage.
            "Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. The problem is, that’s precisely how you want it. You should have fought Pacquiao five years ago, not five months ago. That, however, would have been too dangerous. Too risky. You’ve made a career out of being cautious. You won’t get in the ring unless you have an edge. Sure, you fought some big names. But they were past their prime. Hell, even when we fought in 2007—and I barely lost a split decision—I was at the tail end of my career. Then later you took on Mexican megastar Saúl “Canelo” -Álvarez, but he was too young and had to drop too much weight."

In 2016, they were citing Floyd taught them how to fight guys who can knock you out.

Canelo wanted to be a two division champion and thought he could come up into GGG's division crab and title and duck out of the way of the beast.

Now they are following Floyd technique in hopes to make sure they can push the Golovkin fight as far down the road as possible.
            Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 02-12-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Saul Alvarez brought a country behind him, with a pretty well confirmed status as a draw in his own right, and didn't end up making $15m from his fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

People are so hung up on the "flat fee" that they're deliberately ignoring the fact that Saul Alvarez has offered to pay Golovkin at least TEN MILLION DOLLARS to have the fight at his full preferred weight, lol.

Arum and Marquez have been at odds with Alvarez for well before the Golovkin talks were even a thing, with their opinions taken accordingly.
              The fact that Schafer, Arum, Marquez, and others have publicly berated the flat fee is all that needs to be known. Team GGG has every right to refuse the flat fee and counter with a percent based agreement and that is all there is to it. Nothing anyone says here is going to amount to anything when then dust settled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                That's a little too simple for what happened. PAC didn't want to be tested in the days before. And Floyd offered a flat fee.

Yep, Mexican don't **** around. Guess Canelo is all talk.

Golovkin doesn't need the fight. It's a pay day, but legacy wise he can fry bigger fish. If he feels confident Canelo can't run forever, good for him.

Until then, Canelo will have on three occasions after a fight pro used fans he'd make the fight, only to keep pushing it away.

No one but you apologist will care that Canelo thinks he deserves 90% of the split. Fans want the fit. If Canelo is unwilling to give 30% of the cut up, he's just Ducking yet ahpgain.

No matter how much you scream and pout, that's the narrative. Canelo vacated a title after calling Golovkin into the ring, and then pushed the fight down the road for another year or more
                You seem like a smart guy so let me ask you this.... How much money do you really think the fight will generate?? You said Canelo wants 90% of the revenue but Canelo already offered g string 15 million. I think that's more than fair.
                So how much do you really think the fight will gross? How many ppv buys?

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Khan got over 10mil for canelo. GGG sure as **** deserves more than khan as a champion at 160 and the best at 160. Its all just more stalling tactics everyone knows with a fair shake GGG takes the fight in a heartbeat.
                  Khan got the UK TV rights to Alvarez-Khan (which he was able to leverage through Frank Warren's BoxNation for a pretty penny). you played yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    You seem like a smart guy so let me ask you this.... How much money do you really think the fight will generate?? You said Canelo wants 90% of the revenue but Canelo already offered g string 15 million. I think that's more than fair.
                    So how much do you really think the fight will gross? How many ppv buys?
                    The fight does a mill for sure. Espn will be behind this fight, I'm sure max kellerman will give a bunch of shout outs on first take. Gate + foreign money + ppv + sponsorship you're looking at 45-65m in purses.

Edit: let me just add 45m as an absolute floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                      The fight does a mill for sure. Espn will be behind this fight, I'm sure max kellerman will give a bunch of shout outs on first take. Gate + foreign money + ppv + sponsorship you're looking at 45-65m in purses.

Edit: let me just add 45m as an absolute floor.
                      Can we agree that Canelo is the A side?
                      How much do you think Canelo made for the Mayweather and Cotto fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X