Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like everyone who thinks $15m isn't enough to break down the numbers and explain the reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      So what you're saying is they'd save money by offering upside instead of this 15m flat fee. So what's the problem, why won't they budge from this unprecedented demand?
      I don't see how this is a bad deal for GGG. If it's a $50 million pot he's getting a 30% split. 70/30 seems fair doesn't it?

What kind of revenue do you expect this fight to generate?

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        Money was always the biggest hurdle making this super fight.

GGG has 1 pay per view on his resume now he has Jacob's on his resume. If he sells more than the Canelo vs Smith he will have more of a bargaining chip.

The difficult part for GGG is Canelo has done the majority of his fights on pay per view compared to GGG doing his fights on regular HBO.

Give GGG 20 to 35 percent and call it a day.
        Alvarez generates 4 or 5 times the money for his fights than Golovkin does for his fights.

why do folks always ignore that simple reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Has anyone ever been offered a flat fee of $15,000,000 EVER been offered to a B-side, 1 PPV flop wonder before???
          Flat fees arent made or accepted when it is the fight of the year! Bottom line, Arum, Marquez, and other top level people in the game know that a flat fee is a bogus offer. I'll take their word over these boxingscene boxing financial experts any day of the week. Till someone on Boxingscene shows up with the same knowledge of the sport as Arum and Marquez and others, I'll go with their perspective.
          Last edited by richardt; 02-12-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

The funniest thing in history will be if Chavez Jr beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Golovkin's last PPV did 100k, a fight with Alvarez will likely do 600k-800k, yet Golovkin deserves a ppv cut? lol

There's no "bluff" to bother with; take the money, fulfill whatever obligations that come with the money, and hope to God that he 1)gets passed Jacobs and 2)the boil down to 160lbs doesn't finally harm his 35-year old body.
              Hey cretin, with that many ppv sales 15m is the lion's share. Why do GBP wanna make Canelo into B side?

Comment

Flat fee is BS:

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-rips...ullsht--109223

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-c...lovkin--109369

Comment

is chavez getting any %?

Comment

If GGG wants the fight bad enough 15 mil is not bad. He really doesnt have much options at 160 and this will earn him probably his biggest payday. Not saying I agree with him being given a flat fee but if they want the fight bad enough and if it is as easy victory as he seems to think just do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      I don't see how this is a bad deal for GGG. If it's a $50 million pot he's getting a 30% split. 70/30 seems fair doesn't it?

What kind of revenue do you expect this fight to generate?
                      Doesn't matter. He could end up making less than 15 m with the upside, so be it. It's only fair, that's why it's the norm with no exceptions

Comment

Working...
                      X