Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey The Klutcher Kovalev what adjustments can he make to beat ward in rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    told you guys he had no answer for the inside game and was going to be out of his element

all this bellyaching about ward clinching pre fight and it was Kov with the head lock diet

yall fake kov fans....GGG fans that wanted kov to rid you of your nemesis ward. Im a real kov fan and still respect him, i realize he gave the fight away because he had no answer for inside game and the counter jabs...stopped cutting off ring as well

time to take responsibility and adjust or have to take L #2

what can JDJ and another trainer teach him to beat WARD convincingly and clearly.

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      That is not true. The harder Kovalev worked the wider and wilder he got, he was missing more and more take the tenth for instance when he had the tantrum at the end of the round he was working harder than he had and was being rewarded less.
      The 10th was a clear kov round....

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        No it was not. Compubox shows Kovalev outlanded Ward but if you actually watch the fight it is a clear Ward round, all three judges concur they know how to score fights you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          Make no bones dude it's a competitive fight, extremely close, tough and gruelling. Kovalev ran Ward an exceptionally close second, he just hasn't the mental fortitude or trainer Ward has either. The boxing brain was the the biggest difference but without Virg he wouldn't have won either.

Kovalev had no answer for the inside work and attempted to bully the smaller man, he yielded his biggest advantage IMO. If Kovalev had a superior inside game with his superior strength he'd have won but he elected to tie up and nullify his own potential to score when it mattered most.

Ward just has more dimensions to his game, it's evident from November, I'm not sure what Kovalev can do different as when he tried up his work rate he became flustered and grew more complacent like in the tenth when things clearly did not go his way, that really showed to me who was bossing the tighter action and having the last word not to mention who was missing more widely and winging his loaded shots desperately trying to rely on the one thing he's relied on throughout his career, his power. Ward had an answer to everything Virg deserves the kudos here though for me, listen to every time the action cuts to the corner, Virg stirred something deep inside only he can in Ward.
          Virg corner work was movie like inspirational

Also ward does have more dimensions to his game....high ring IQ

I said I before n will again....only way kov will beat ward is by ko....ward adapts to well mid fight

Virgil is a great trainer n knows what to do to get results out of his man....he out coached JDJ n WARF outfought and outthought kov

Comment

Gennady gonad garglers upset ward got that 0.....fake kovalev fans
            These dudes be upset Golden Goose Gennady wants to sit on those golden eggs and refuse to cash them in and avoid a challenge until he's cashed out, allowing a real legacy to pass him by. These Gonad Garglers ain't boxing fans, they're fan boys.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              My bad ....should've know tactics n strategy was to deep for you....stick to trolling n excuse making...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Fight in Russia with Russian judges. Wins 9-3 no doubt. or Ward gets DQ in the 8th for clinching and wrestling.
                I agree. Kovalev will get away with wayyyyyy more clinching than in the 1st fight if it's in Russia.

Also, SOG won and GGG is a *****!

Comment

Well most believe he won the first fight so he doesn't have to change much.

Comment

Virg corner work was movie like inspirational

Also ward does have more dimensions to his game....high ring IQ

I said I before n will again....only way kov will beat ward is by ko....ward adapts to well mid fight

Virgil is a great trainer n knows what to do to get results out of his man....he out coached JDJ n WARF outfought and outthought kov
                    Watch the wild shot Kovalev throws in the tenth misses and is clearly flustered his biggest shots are flailing wide, Ward really demoralised him when he realised he was beginning to lose and couldn't get him out of there with his inherent power advantage but timing disadvantage.

Timing beats power every time, if you got both you're a natural born killer. Kovalev clearly has not on the biggest stage, what Ward lacks in power he makes up for in brains.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Too bad it's a 12 round fight.... He Lost....what can he do to Beat ward in rematch..... Simple question

Comment

Working...
                      X