Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey The Klutcher Kovalev what adjustments can he make to beat ward in rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    The judges doe......Lol....you know kov losing the rematch right...keep hope alive for a ko bro
    sure,whatever makes you happy.... quote me again so you can have the last word. good night

Comment

• Get a Good conditioning coach .

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        The judges doe......Lol....you know kov losing the rematch right...keep hope alive for a ko bro
        The major tactical battle for kovalev is to keep the fight on the outside without spending too much energy to do so. He was getting the better of the fight at range, and I'd expect he'd do so again, unless he suddenly becomes flatfooted or ward moves better on his feet...which i don't see happening. I feel like kovalev should use his jab, 1-2, -1-2-1 and mix in some lead rights, but avoid the round punches. When the fight inevitably gets to the inside, he should use different tactics other than trying to completely wrap ward up waiting until the ref breaks them. He could build off what he did in the first fight by walking ward back, but punching out when ward is on the back foot, or step around ward and throw his own body shots. This is wishful thinking, cuz kovalev's inside game isn't that great. His first order of business should be to come in in the best shape possible and conserve energy through the fight. I think it will be harder for him to win rounds boxing from the outside the 2nd time around because he doesn't vary his punches all that much and ward has seen what he has, but it's still his best bet since ward isn't very active on the outside and has become a bit flat footed. Even when kovalev tired and ward adjusted, the rounds were still very close...so people saying kovalev could pretty well fight the same fight and win aren't that far off. It's not like ward really took control and walked away with it or outclassed kovalev. It's fair to say that those who believe ward will win a rematch comfortably are banking on the fact that he's gonna start quicker and make some changes of his own, or that he now has kovalev "figured out". I think there will be a huge mental component to this fight and if kovalev doesn't have success early, it will more than likely him who breaks down.

Comment

• That's the most garbage you've ever written in one post. I honestly struggle to find any semblance of truth in any of your 15 claims.

Ward initiated the clinching like he always does. 'Headlock diet'? How ******ed are you? The only way 'headlock diet' exists is when Ward charges you head first.
          No answer for the inside game? Kovalev dominated the inside game first half of the fight, and gassed later.
          Counter jabs? They both ate equal amount of counter jabs, with Ward eating a few pretty ones after show boating.
          Cutting the ring off? Kovalev lacks lateral movement and hates cornering his opponents. I wouldn't call it cutting the ring off. Pressures, yes. Cutting ring off? Nope.
          Unnecessary Golovkin reference? Check.
          Say you respect Kovalev then proceed to name call him in thread title? Lowlife.

Make another thread when Ward actually grows a set and honours the rematch clause instead of throwing another one of his diva tantrums.

Comment

• How do you improve when your opponent fights like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              How do you improve when your opponent fights like this?

Guillotine choke...everyone knows you don't shoot a double with your head on the outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Butthurt Kovalev fans:

(his signature is a picture of Andre Ward)

Had predicted Ward winning, but scored it for Kovalev:
                The truth is the truth! Ward lost to Kovalev, and GGG ducked Andre Ward!

Comment

Working...
                X