Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: In 2-3 Weeks I'll Decide on Facing Spence or Going To 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
    How is turning down 30% as champ To khans 70% ducking him it is a blatant shake down insult. Not fighting Spence is not fear he fought the baddest around ggg it's all risk no reward it's not a big $ fight in U.K. Spence while awesome is not well known yet wake up !
    At least he's up from 90-10......LMAO........if there is a BLATANT duck here, it's Khan ducking Brook. He got away with it until Brook looked better vs GGG than Khan vs Canelo........But it looks worse and worse....

Having said that, I don't think Khan is afraid of Brook. I just think he knows it's a bad style matchup for him that his chin doesn't allow for any error. Despite having a speed edge, he's the less physical fighter and would have to avoid mixing it up...which British fans don't like. And he's still trying to bank on his name, which is a bit diminished with inactivity the last couple years...... and Brook is having none of it and deservedly so.......

it's a lot like Canelo offering GGG a flat fee of what amounts to about 10% in what will likely be a 100-150 Mil fight. Canelo can't make that much without GGG, GGG is the champion.....60/40 is fair..........In the same way, Khan can't make as much with any other opponent as at Wembley vs Brook. So not making a realistic offer to Brook by Khan is, just like Canelo is doing to GGG......just sayin'.

After Brook beats a big name and after GGG vs Jacobs, things will definitely change.....despite the 164.5 farce that is Chavez JR. What happened to having to "grow comfortably into 160"?? Now he's going from 154 to 164 and not fighting Golovkin? Looks bad........So does Khan not making a decent offer to Brook

Comment

brooks got lots of options. In my opinion theres many better match ups out there than fighting some unknown kid (spence)

Comment

I wish all you Floyd fan boys held him to same judgement for all his cherry picking catch weights remember poor Marquez ? A lightweight canella while still green Guerrero the killer Berto the killer no porter Thurman Spence ggg brook that's ok though
        The best way not to talk about Floyd is not to talk about him. He has nothing to do with what's happening now and calling him the catchweight king is a joke.........that was the other guy. And I"m no fanboi.

When can we stop talking about Floyd? Whichever side your on, let it go........he's done.....all opinions are established. None of them will change. Why argue in circles about a fighter that is now irrelevant at the moment??

Comment

Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
          NOt if he legitimately wants to make the fight given Spence's willingness to travel, the fact Spence is a big draw here on free TV with 6 mil viewers and Brook is even bigger in the UK......

Spence may not be the A-side in the matchup.......but I don't see Andrade or Lara going to the UK to fight him. With Spence, a loss wouldn't hurt, a win would be HUGE......same with 154. It's a legitimately tough decision. Cotto could be HUGE in the US if Cotto gets by his next fight and they set something up for the PR Day parade at MSG........

It's a case of a fighter that showed balls now having real options......he's not ducking, he's making the best decision possible. And he's earned the time......
          No problem with him looking for the biggest Payday possible but at this point I think the IBF Belt is being held hostage as a negotiation ploy with Amir Khan and clearly it is not working with Khan wanting a 70/30 Split because Khan don't give a DAMN about him being "IBF Champion"

All we can do is wait and see what happens but I think it is compete BULL**** the way this has been handled!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            brooks got lots of options. In my opinion theres many better match ups out there than fighting some unknown kid (spence)
            6 million views is not an unknown. Lara, Andrade, etc., couldn't draw those numbers on free TV........Cotto at 154 is about the only other fighter that could draw that many on free TV.

Brook is also keenly aware that Spence would further establish his name by winning..........and it's at least 50/50 he suffers his second loss and diminishes his popular bump he got from the GGG fight.

I agree there are better options at 154.......but it has nothing to do with Spence being a nobody.....he faces less physical danger vs anyone at 154 with the possible exception of the bigger Charlo (I get them mixed up)......Lara may make him look bad, Andrade may outbox him........Spence may do both before getting his own signature KO if Brook has to sweat down to 147....that's the difference. Spence goes for that KO like Curry, Leonard, Hearns, etc. Those other guys are happy with UD12.....

Not saying he's ducking...but resume or not, Brook knows damn well Spence isn't a nobody. Anyone that's watched boxing long enough can see that.......

I like Brook. I think he's an excellent fighter. I think Spence is even better BUT.......Brook would be no easy out......I think Brook has a better chance of beating and getting $$ by fighting Cotto.........I think that has more to do with the decision than anything. I think he's struggling because he truly believes he'd beat Spence and knows Spence is well on his way to the top of the P4P discussion.....he'd like to delay that by hoping to use his strength and countering to beat Spence....it would be a bigger accomplishment on his resume for future negotiations before he tries his luck at 154......

Comment

Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
              6 million views is not an unknown. Lara, Andrade, etc., couldn't draw those numbers on free TV........Cotto at 154 is about the only other fighter that could draw that many on free TV.

Brook is also keenly aware that Spence would further establish his name by winning..........and it's at least 50/50 he suffers his second loss and diminishes his popular bump he got from the GGG fight.

I agree there are better options at 154.......but it has nothing to do with Spence being a nobody.....he faces less physical danger vs anyone at 154 with the possible exception of the bigger Charlo (I get them mixed up)......Lara may make him look bad, Andrade may outbox him........Spence may do both before getting his own signature KO if Brook has to sweat down to 147....that's the difference. Spence goes for that KO like Curry, Leonard, Hearns, etc. Those other guys are happy with UD12.....

Not saying he's ducking...but resume or not, Brook knows damn well Spence isn't a nobody. Anyone that's watched boxing long enough can see that.......

I like Brook. I think he's an excellent fighter. I think Spence is even better BUT.......Brook would be no easy out......I think Brook has a better chance of beating and getting $$ by fighting Cotto.........I think that has more to do with the decision than anything. I think he's struggling because he truly believes he'd beat Spence and knows Spence is well on his way to the top of the P4P discussion.....he'd like to delay that by hoping to use his strength and countering to beat Spence....it would be a bigger accomplishment on his resume for future negotiations before he tries his luck at 154......
              based on what???

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                No problem with him looking for the biggest Payday possible but at this point I think the IBF Belt is being held hostage as a negotiation ploy with Amir Khan and clearly it is not working with Khan wanting a 70/30 Split because Khan don't give a DAMN about him being "IBF Champion"

All we can do is wait and see what happens but I think it is compete BULL**** the way this has been handled!
                hes done nothing wrong. He doesnt have to fight spence cause nsb want it. Noone else cares about the fight, and as champion hes entitled to take his time and decide who he wants to fight.

Comment

As much as I'd love to see Brook vs Spence, cutting down from middleweight to fight a guy like Errol at 147 is foolish.

Comment

I wish all you Floyd fan boys held him to same judgement for all his cherry picking catch weights remember poor Marquez ? A lightweight canella while still green Guerrero the killer Berto the killer no porter Thurman Spence ggg brook that's ok though
                    One last question........what point are you making?? If you're talking about Pac, he hasn't exactly faced a murderers row since Marquez 4........he's fought nobody on that list.

If you're not talking about Pacquiao and defending Canelo or Brook?? You just make no sense at all.........Canelo more resembles what Pac did at 147 than Floyd......Just not seeing the point or, other than Spence, anyone that would give him that big a problem. And Berto, at one point, was thought to be a legit threat and 'killer or not' had the right gifts to force a tough fight, just didn't put them together that night. Frankly, I don't see anyone on that list except for Spence (mostly from the praise Floyd gave him after sparring with him) that could have looked much better.....

No more bleed-over Floyd posts please........I think I've made the point it's irrelevant at this point. The best way for Floyd to fade is to stop talking about him......when you do, it causes this and it's not always a fanboi.......just an objective opinion........

Comment

let's be honest he is NOT scared of Spence anyone who says that is making a fool out of themselves. Brook whether you like him or not just fought GGG and leaped up 2 weight classes that's a much tougher fight. So he's willing to take an azz whooping but he wants to be paid well to do so. So it's not about being scared of Spence it's about the risk vs reward. Same with Khan and all these fighters. Khan was being accused of ducking Brook and other welterweights and went and fought a bigger better Canelo, got put to sleep because he was given a big payday for a high risk fight. All these fighters looking for big cash out fights before they take a big risk.

And GGG is doing the same thing himself meanwhile all these fans run around scream fighters are scared. These are all grown men who fight for a living they ain't scared. It's when the clown fanboys of one fighters starts saying fighter X is scared but when their favorite fighter does the same thing they make excuses and call it something else that p iss es me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X