Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: In 2-3 Weeks I'll Decide on Facing Spence or Going To 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    based on what???
    What his eyes tell him and 37 years of being a boxing freak. I trust my eyes on rating upcoming talent, they haven't been wrong yet that I recall....not once.

You can try to tear him down for lack of top level opposition-not all his fault at this point........but you can't argue his progress and the fact he's putting all these guys out easily, brutally and without a scratch....some of them for the first time when great or very good fighters couldn't finish them......

If you've followed boxing long, you don't have to see a defining fight to know you have an A-class fighter on the rise. He's shown little to no weakness at this point.

There are people that still think GGG is all hype.......that argument is purely idiotic at this point.

Spence is the best looking full WW prospect I have seen for a long damn time......Maybe back to Curry. Tito was great, you could see it, but you could also see ways he could be beaten which were later proven. Like with Curry, I don't see those. Curry self-destructed after his first big win. That could happen but not before that. And he seems pretty mentally tough to me.

And I'm talking strictly about fighters that started at 147 that will be great at 147......he's the only guy at 147 other than Brook that even poses a threat to Crawford IMO... so yea........based on that......

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      brooks got lots of options. In my opinion theres many better match ups out there than fighting some unknown kid (spence)
      If Brock wants to fight in the states he better get past Spence first

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        let's be honest he is NOT scared of Spence anyone who says that is making a fool out of themselves. Brook whether you like him or not just fought GGG and leaped up 2 weight classes that's a much tougher fight. So he's willing to take an azz whooping but he wants to be paid well to do so. So it's not about being scared of Spence it's about the risk vs reward. Same with Khan and all these fighters. Khan was being accused of ducking Brook and other welterweights and went and fought a bigger better Canelo, got put to sleep because he was given a big payday for a high risk fight. All these fighters looking for big cash out fights before they take a big risk.

And GGG is doing the same thing himself meanwhile all these fans run around scream fighters are scared. These are all grown men who fight for a living they ain't scared. It's when the clown fanboys of one fighters starts saying fighter X is scared but when their favorite fighter does the same thing they make excuses and call it something else that p iss es me off.
        I think the point people are making, and others like you seem to be missing, is that Brooks biggest win to date was Porter, years ago. Other than all he did was jump 2 weight classes and fight a guy everyone knew he was going to lose to....that doesn't entitle him to the largest paydays in the ww division, especially considering the fact that he hasn't fought any top ww's besides porter. Brook is also not this huge star everyone makes him out to be. If I can recall correctly, the reason he passed on Vargas, was because he was unhappy he was making less money than Vargas for that fight. Jesse Vargas!!!!!

Now Brook deserves some kind of ducking pass after getting his face broken....you can't make this **** up!

I'm with everyone else though, the clown can do what he likes, just hurry up and give up the goddamn belt, and go look for fame and fortune at 54....

Comment

Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
          What his eyes tell him and 37 years of being a boxing freak. I trust my eyes on rating upcoming talent, they haven't been wrong yet that I recall....not once.

You can try to tear him down for lack of top level opposition-not all his fault at this point........but you can't argue his progress and the fact he's putting all these guys out easily, brutally and without a scratch....some of them for the first time when great or very good fighters couldn't finish them......

If you've followed boxing long, you don't have to see a defining fight to know you have an A-class fighter on the rise. He's shown little to no weakness at this point.

There are people that still think GGG is all hype.......that argument is purely idiotic at this point.

Spence is the best looking full WW prospect I have seen for a long damn time......Maybe back to Curry. Tito was great, you could see it, but you could also see ways he could be beaten which were later proven. Like with Curry, I don't see those. Curry self-destructed after his first big win. That could happen but not before that. And he seems pretty mentally tough to me.

And I'm talking strictly about fighters that started at 147 that will be great at 147......he's the only guy at 147 other than Brook that even poses a threat to Crawford IMO... so yea........based on that......
          thats fair enough mate, youre welcome to your opinion.

Comment

I personally think that Kell would only kill himself to get back down to 147 for Khan. However winning a title at 154lbs isn't going to be a walk in the park as the top 5-6 guys are all top level and they're the one's with the belts. WBO could be up for grabs though if Canelo gives it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
              Does Liam Smith have a date? Pretty obvious UK 154 pounder to move to. Who knows, maybe golden boy takes note and makes a fight with Canelo.
              I heard he's fighting Liam Williams

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga111 View Post
                Lol he hasn't got a choice as Thurman, Garcia and Pacman won't be available for May. If you can fight Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin and Kevin Bizier then you can fight Spence, he is more known than all of them put together.

Porter and GGG are the only well known fighters his fought his whole career.

At 154 he will struggle to beat any of the Charlos, Andrade and Lara.
                They ALL beat him UP!!

NOTHING in his RESUME suggests he hangs with the top dogs at 154.

He has become a joke of a belt holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I really don't care if Spence is high risk and low reward, take the fight period! If he moves up it would look like he avoid Spence, I dont care how anyone try to spin that shit. Spence is on the way up and a win over spence would galvanise Brook pathetic 147 resume, Brook should be one of the top 'dog' if not the top at 147 but his resume is ridiculously thin. I really hope he stays at 147 and beat spence and then he can command even more leverage at 147, but at the moment he wouldn't get much leverage with his thin resume.
                  Dude you are making too much sense!! That is illegal here.

They can spin it all they want but they want NO part of Spence!!

What they fail to realize is he gains more respect by actually fighting Spence and giving a good account of himself!!

That is what champions do!!!

Simply pathetic.

Comment

Brook is going to find out that since he struggled to make 147 for a number of fights, now that he added the weight for GGG, that struggle he once had will be magnified. No fighter should go up like that and drop weight, it can cause problems for the fighter's health. 154 is his best bet. But there is a lot of competition anywhere he turns, 147 or 154.

Comment

Shouldn't this article be "fighting anyone but spence or going to 154" ?

Comment

Working...
                      X