Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Most Guys are Beaten Mentally When They Face Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before...

Comment

Mike tysons victims might have been beaten mentally before though. Looking awesome on heavy bag might have made his victims think they had no chance.
      Plus Tyson had such an aura of menace around him. I haven't seen anything like it in my time.
      That's why I think Tyson deserves to be considered among greatest heavys even if his resume is lacking a little

Comment

I think most go in thinking they can beat him. They look at the lack of head movement, the "slow" hands, the defensive flaws.
        Murray, Stevens, Lemieux, even Brook all thought they had his mark. I did think Rubio laid down - but we weren't the ones receiving a power punch on the crown of the head - but it looked like he could have gotten back up - but I've never seen any comments from Rubio after that fight so hard to say.

Anyways, all came to conquer and all were KOd, not just beaten. Not saying they were A class opponents but several were solid Bs. Jacobs is a B+ fighter based off of resume and the eye test. Golovkin is about 2-3 years past his absolute prime. If the odds are still 9-1 I'm tempted to take a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Mike tysons victims might have been beaten mentally before though. Looking awesome on heavy bag might have made his victims think they had no chance.
          Plus Tyson had such an aura of menace around him. I haven't seen anything like it in my time.
          That's why I think Tyson deserves to be considered among greatest heavys even if his resume is lacking a little
          Agreed - in the late 80's he was an absolute monster. He defeated himself outside of the ring. He lacked discipline and was a bully - but he was awesome for a good few years. Golovkin doesn't have the same effect - you only have to listen to all the naysayers talking about all his deficiencies. They are lining up to slate him when he does eventually lose be it against Jacobs or Canelo or someone else. Except Ward. If he ever thought and lost a UD to Ward he would suddenly become a much respected fighter just proving Ward's P4P #1 status.

Comment

list of duckers: Canelo, Sturm, BJS, Eubank Jr, Cotto.

not bad for a "hype job" like GGG.

beating Jacobs won't stop the hate either.

he got KO'd by Pirog, he's chinny. .etc

Comment

I'll give Jacobs credit if he last more than 6 rounds, but what I've read he's juicing in this fight by refusing to be tested by VADA

Comment

You said your biggest concern is Golovkins power, your biggest concern should be your Chin son.

Comment

I remember an interview with Holyfield after Tyson KO'd Seldon where Holyfield said it's a different fight when both guys go in it to win. I knew right then Holyfield was gonna beat Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
                    Monroe, Lemieux and Stevens were not afraid of GGG. They believed he's not that good. But once they felt that power, they checked out. That Stevens's face in the 2 round though lol.
                    I'll agree Stevens wasn't afraid. Monroe and Lemieux both quit! Lemieux looked at the ref to stop the fight. He had planned to quit and let the ref know it. They both went enough rds to make it seem like they didn't just come there for a check.

Comment

A lot of Golovkin's opponents say afterwards that he didn't hit as hard as they expected. Yet all of those opponents were stopped too. I think that tells you all you need to know about their mindset going in. They are expecting something frightening.

Comment

Working...
                      X