Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale, Badou Jack Trade Knockdowns - Fight To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a point should have been taken for the 12th round mouthpiece Jack should have won, great night of boxing either way

Comment

• Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      This wasnt a draw. Jack won. He landed the harder cleaner more accurate shots all night. Degale got waay to much credit for those weak ass arm slaps to Jacks gloves and arms.. Somewhere Joe Calslappy is smiling
      The bute theft was a clear travesty. Going to watch it again. As a certified USA Boxing and ABC judge and ref Im going to score it and watch it again bell to bell with the sound off..But remember. As a live judge one only has one angle to view and does not have the luxury of replay. Again w tv you get many more angles. Different experience. Go to a amateur fight and sit close. Have a score card on you and you will see how difficult it is to score a razor thin round. I will post my findings.

Comment

• I had it 7-5 Jack. Way too razor-thin a decision to be crying 'robbery', though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
          I know he did but I was replying to someone who said DeGale was more satisfied with the draw than Jack. If Jack was that dissatisfied, he would've stayed at 168 for a rematch.
          Starve himself again?..

I need for you to hide Degale's passport, we don't want that rubbish back on this side of the pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
            Man not this *****t again
            So I missed the fight
            Is a draw fair? Or did someone obviously win?
            I think the draw was fair. Most of the rounds where swing rounds

Comment

• Man I really was hard on Jack, but after this performance he's a 100% worthy champion, too bad he's leaving 168 but he definitely was a top 3 168.

About the fight, I really liked it, some drama, some weird things happened in there last night, kudos for both great warriors and champions.

Comment

• If you're scoring this not round by round, but as an overall fight, then Jack clearly won. But since we score it round by round, it's a lot closer and I think a draw is a good score. A lot of close rounds.

I think people get too caught up in how DeGale was essentially beat up in the later rounds, his mouthpiece getting knocked out, tooth getting knocked out. Yes, DeGale was beat up, but you still have to score it as a boxing match. It was close.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
                  Spitting it out haha. He had his teeth knocked out you goon!
                  He got his teeth knocked out because he kept spitting his mouth piece out. In the 5th or 6th round when he spit it out is when he lost teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Don't make yourself look stupid that ain't what he said. Degale lost to a drained fighter lmao. Taking it to a LHW??? He nearly had a new face after Jack was done beating on him same way Porky beat him lol I think Jack knocked his teeth oh also and Degale was happy it was a draw he knew he lost. He ran the last 5 rounds.
                    Learn how to score a fight!

Mayweather ran a lot. Lara runs a lot. DeGale actually "runs" less than either of them. I had him winning rounds 10 and 11 against Jack so his "running " must have been effective as others, and especially the judges probably agreed [that he won 10 and 11).

Jack didn't look drained at all, either at the weigh in or in the ring. He just looked much bigger - much like Canelo does when he fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
                      He got his teeth knocked out because he kept spitting his mouth piece out. In the 5th or 6th round when he spit it out is when he lost teeth.
                      You shouldn't even have to explain this but you'll learn quickly that people don't use common sense on here

Comment

Working...
                      X