Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale, Badou Jack Trade Knockdowns - Fight To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack won.

No doubt about that.

Fight in U.K? Hahahaha the empire of robberies?

Comment

• UK Commentary:

Comment

• US Commentary:

Comment

• I had DeGale winning 114 - 112, but I could definitely see Jack winning, as well as a draw. Close fight and a good fight too. Jack clearly finished strong and did better the second half of the fight. It's the middle rounds where it wasn't too clear who was winning those.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
            I had DeGale winning 114 - 112, but I could definitely see Jack winning, as well as a draw. Close fight and a good fight too. Jack clearly finished strong and did better the second half of the fight. It's the middle rounds where it wasn't too clear who was winning those.
            Gained some respect for DeGale but his slapping punches were not enough to carry the middle rounds in my opinion. Close fight but I had Jack edging it. Both fighters are elevated by this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gottibox101 View Post
              Gained some respect for DeGale but his slapping punches were not enough to carry the middle rounds in my opinion. Close fight but I had Jack edging it. Both fighters are elevated by this fight.
              Hell yeah and a rematch has to happen. I'll have to watch it again. I'll admit, I felt like I scored a round or two in the middle for DeGale that really should've gone to Jack. The action was too good for me to pay attention.

Comment

• We all won tonight. 3 great fights in one night.

I thought Jack edged it but DeGale is clearly a double hard bastard. I thought the decision was passable and I hope they do it again.

Jack at 175 is an interesting move and a smart one for Jack as the end game is Ward or Kovalev pay days. Perhaps not the best move for his health but his wallet will thank him. 168 just isn't what it used to be.

Comment

• Judges were spot on. Had it a draw myself.

Comment

• I had Jack winning 7 rounds to 5

Comment

• DeGale fan here, was going crazy first two rounds that's the DeGale I love, but he lost everything else up until the later rounds and was getting beaten up badly. Can't grumble at a draw too much, 6 rounds a piece, two 10-8 each. But DeGale lost the fight. Boxing match was close fight wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X