No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
    Imagine if golden boy has been protecting Canelo from ggg all this time only to have him lose to a lazy pothead who eats cheerios in his underwear.
    Originally posted by techliam View Post
    This makes Canelo both the greatest 155lb fighter ever, as well as the greatest 164.5lb fighter ever

The leap from Caneloweight to Super Caneloweight is no joke, 9.5lb
    lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Don't forget Zab Judah and Baldomir or Tommy Morrison and Michael Bentt.
      Floyd still gave zab his shot right after the baldomir loss tho. I'm sure it cost him some $ tho

Comment

Yet you supported ALL those GGG MISMATCHES??? GTFOhere!!!
        For one, those were not on ppv and deemed to be sport saving fights.

Too, Canelo can choose anyone.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Very interesting fight.

Canelo gets to fight a much bigger guy, he will do huge amounts of PPV's which further strengthens his negotiation power...it serves a lot of purpose.
        This won't bomb, but I doubt it does that many. It's Canelo with a named fighter, that always does well.

U mad BRO??? I just called you out for being a HYPOCRITE. That's all man. You NEVER talk sht about GGG"s POS 100-1 WORST odds in the last 25 YEARS against House Arrest Wade...Or the 35 other SHTy Tomato CANS he beat on. Jacobs is his 1st and ONLY REAL fight/odds opponent and that's why you don't see me talking sht about that fight but PRAISING it.
        Stop it, Wade was ranked 7 by boxing rec at 160. Chevez is coming down to a weight we know he'll be useless at.

Why???

Because he took GGG's "DREAM Fight" away???

"Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is The Fight of My Dreams!"

"Abel Sanchez is hoping that Chavez's adviser, Al Haymon, sits down with Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler to work out the particulars of the fight" 12-13-2016

I see what you did there! It's good enough for GGG but NOT good enough for CanYellow.
        My point again, you hate when Canelo get sick criticized. It's true though, he can make any fit and he is choosing a weight drained Chevez.

Zero reason for this fight other than milk fans. Khan, Smith, Chevez.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          If Chavez comes weight drained, this could be a replay of Canelo/Angulo - a one-sided beatdown with Chavez getting stopped late.

I don't know how much better Chavez can look than he did in the Brian Vera rematch, but he'll need to be much better.
          Angulo was paid off so he could take it easy on Canelo. It wasn't that he was weight drained. No fighter fights like that on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
            164.5? Sure no problem. 160? But Im no middleweight doe. If u hating lil ***gets dont see Canelo is straight up ducking GGG now, I dont know what will change your minds.
            Golovkin has the offer for the fight at his beloved 160lbs, and for $15m, yet his camp has yet to move. Don't embarras yourself.

It's obviously not easy, but Alvarez has shown the world, not all that long ago, that he can still comfortably make 154lbs and fight, without issue.

Chavez Jr is a money fight and Alvarez, a fighter that you know can make 154lbs, offered up a weight to where the fight can be made, with the financial package coming with that.

Golovkin is 35 years old yet, in his entire career, he's yet to give up a single concession in the name of trying to make the big fight.

Comment

Is Chavez Jr still popular?

Comment

"The boxing geek in me" - This is a **** circus waste of a fight.

"On the other hand" - This atmosphere will be live as ****. Beautiful women, great parties, packed arena, huge event, great action, big event for boxing.

Sometimes you just have to be a casual and enjoy boxing.

Comment

Literally everyone involved right now.

Comment

Wouldn't it be something if Jr wins this fight...I think if this fight doesn't motivate him to be at his best nothing in the world will. Don't think Canelo has the power to hurt him up top but it'll come down to the body work. Do think Jr has power to hurt Canelo up top but how much is that weight loss going to affect his power is the other interesting. I dont' mind this match, think it had to absolutely happen.

Comment

don't then...

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      I won't watch this fight.

That's your stupid problem. Grow up. You're not a REAL fan of the sport then. Tired of you so called fans and your agenda. This fight has ACTION written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X