Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone goes on and on about how they want boxing to be more like the UFC well here u go don't ***** now

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
      you'd have a point if chavez jr wasn't weight drained there's no way he'll be healthy at 164 he has had trouble making 168 he looked like a cancer patient in his last fight.
      I hear you and that's where my concern is.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
        you'd have a point if chavez jr wasn't weight drained there's no way he'll be healthy at 164 he has had trouble making 168 he looked like a cancer patient in his last fight.
        Ironically ggg will be the one fighting the cancer patient lol... just kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          I'm inclined to agree but I am not counting Jr out just yet. Really depends how badly out of shape he's gotten since his most recent fight.
          Yup. He's much more effective when he's able to use his size advantage. He made 168 in his last outing but the inactivity is concerning.

Comment

Who's going to be training chavez?

Comment

If I was chavez jr. Ill come in at 168 **** it, aint like they gonna call off the fight anways. Lie on the 30 day weigh in and 7 day weigh in if their is anyone (no real official goes out to check its on the honor system). That way you go have teh size advantage beat canelo and than go back to fight at 168 no ones remebers the circumstances of the fight paticulars they only remeber the W. Take a look at martinez vs cotto lol no one cares about martinez was handicap and was rolled into the ring that night they only care about the W. no one cares taht mayweather paid to have maidana wear special gloves they only remeber the W.

Comment

Took GGG's easy cookies. GGG wanted to fight this bum Chavez but now Canelo snatched him as a power move and will use the good number further at the negotiation table. Sign the contract Golovkin before Jacobs beats you cause it'll only get lower or completely wiped out and offered to Jacobs.

Comment

What interests me is the fact this fight was made so easily considering GBP filed a lawsuit vs Haymon? Is that still not before the courts? I thought that is who JCC Jr is advised by? If anyone on here knows the specifics of that? In any case if there is $ to be made it shows these parties can work together, hopefully inter-promotional match ups to come! Not so thrilled about the match up as I am about seeing the different companies working together.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    If that were to happen, be ready to immediately see the announce for Alvarez vs Chavez Jr 2, for MID weekend, from either a soldout JerryLand or Aztec Stadium in Mexico City.
                    oh I dont think it would take a Chavez KO for there to be an immediate rematch. I think if the fight does good numbers and is even REMOTELY competitive, they will do an immediate rematch.

And thats what convinced me that the offer to GGG was loaded with escape clauses. They were negotiating with GGG and Chavez both at the same time. There is no way they could have inserted rematch language into the Chavez deal unless they had a way out of the GGG fight.

Comment

See what happens when you try to play hardball? (ggg). Then Canelo and Cotto can have a rematch. Then he can fight a prominent WW whos wants to move up. Garcia vs Canelo NEXT Cinco de Mayo or Thurman vs Canelo...triple g will be appoaching 37 before he gets a shot at the face of boxing...lol Canelo will have even more power at the negotiation table. Playing "Hardball" sometimes gets you what you want, but sometimes you get ZERO.

Comment

Working...
                      X