Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
    An opening at 154 for Kell Brook
    not neccesarily; if Alvarez chooses to vacate, the WBO, per their own rules, are looking at their top two challenger (Cotto, Andrade) and their welterweight champion (Pacquiao) as the only options to fight for their vacant belt, again if the rules are followed.

A Cotto fight would definitely be a box office event (that Brook, physically wouldn't be all that outgunned in, tbh), but I doubt that he'd be ready to give up his world title to go up to 154 and fight a title eliminator against a guy like Demetrius Andrade.

Cotto, Khan, Spence Jr, Pacquiao, or the Thurman-Garcia winner, in all likelihood, are the fights his camp are currently pondering, with the likeliest result being the fight with Spence Jr, imo (Khan is being Khan, and I sincerely doubt that Eddie Hearn is going to let a Frank Warren ally dictate **** to him for an event in the UK).

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      That's your stupid problem. Grow up. You're not a REAL fan of the sport then. Tired of you so called fans and your agenda. This fight has ACTION written all over it.
      So? If Canelo didnt drain jr or if Canelo would have signed to fight Golovkin then it would be a different story.

**** you assh0le. Watch the fight lol...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        160 pounds too big though!!!
        Apparently 160 pounds and 15 million isnt enough for a fighter that has yet to reach more than 150k ppvs...

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          its not likely but man I would LOVE for Chavez to land something stupid and put Canelo into the 4th row.............
          If that were to happen, be ready to immediately see the announce for Alvarez vs Chavez Jr 2, for MID weekend, from either a soldout JerryLand or Aztec Stadium in Mexico City.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
            164.5? Sure no problem. 160? But Im no middleweight doe. If u hating lil ***gets dont see Canelo is straight up ducking GGG now, I dont know what will change your minds.
            You know that ggg has been offered a lot more money than chavez at his desired 160, go tell him to not pass on a big fight for once in his life..

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Wouldn't it be something if Jr wins this fight...I think if this fight doesn't motivate him to be at his best nothing in the world will. Don't think Canelo has the power to hurt him up top but it'll come down to the body work. Do think Jr has power to hurt Canelo up top but how much is that weight loss going to affect his power is the other interesting. I dont' mind this match, think it had to absolutely happen.
              I'm leaning towards Canelo by stoppage to the body

Comment

Originally posted by luimba View Post
                **** fight. Money grab for all parties. Too overweight bums who made their name fighting smaller or old guys fooling the public. There will be absolutely no skill on display that night if you know a little about boxing. Casuals might enjoy event though
                no skill? Canelo has a lot of skill and Chavez is a solid guy

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post

Stop it, Wade was ranked 7 by boxing rec at 160.
                  Boxrec had Wade at 7?

Dude!!!

Do you ever stop lying?!!!!

Like seriously, It's rare that you get through a post without fabricating something, only place Wade was top 10 was on the IBF rankings. NO WHERE ELSE!

..... that said anyone supporting this garbage fight and Canelo ducking GGG at 160 in favour of this daft matchup at 164.5 needs slapping.

Edit: Boxrec has Wade at 7 at the moment which is odd because he was rankedd 11 by them at the time of the fight.
                  Last edited by NaijaD; 01-14-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Wouldn't it be something if Jr wins this fight...I think if this fight doesn't motivate him to be at his best nothing in the world will. Don't think Canelo has the power to hurt him up top but it'll come down to the body work. Do think Jr has power to hurt Canelo up top but how much is that weight loss going to affect his power is the other interesting. I dont' mind this match, think it had to absolutely happen.
                    you'd have a point if chavez jr wasn't weight drained there's no way he'll be healthy at 164 he has had trouble making 168 he looked like a cancer patient in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      I'm leaning towards Canelo by stoppage to the body
                      I'm inclined to agree but I am not counting Jr out just yet. Really depends how badly out of shape he's gotten since his most recent fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X