Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito vs. Sor Rungvisai Winner To Face Cuadras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it looks like the rematch vs. Cuadras has to be on another PPV undercard to get the purse RG wants considering that he ( Gonzalez ) now has less leverage in negotiations now that Cuadras is the mandatory...I remember people mentioning September as a date and I wondered why so long? that would explain that decision but perhaps I read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      What do you mean by 'that much' though?

He isnt worth a mill like he was saying before (and im assuming what he backed down from), but he is surely worth more than 400k.

His card had a replay of GGG vs Lemiuex ppv (which got 700k or so viewers iirc). So yes there was another reason to tune in, but his fight had the biggest no. of viewers.
      LOL from that I'm surmising people being able to watch a ppv fight featuring a bigger star had to do something with the 800k.

And by that much I mean when gonzo was having a go for being offered 400k for the cuadra rematch, or whatever the figure was. He then apologised.

Bottom line is, Gonzo shouldn't go around wasting time and a possible star turn. He is earning more than any other little man and will continue to do so with cuadras and inoue fights this year.

If people start advising him like they did to gamboa and rigo he'll end up fighting for pennies against no bodies with zero historical relevance.

I like gonzo, he's a good fighter and I wana see him reach the absolute peak his potential can take him to. It won't be achieved by being a diva, it rarely is.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
        That is correct, because Cuadras never faced his Mandatory, only voluntary fights his whole championship run and while the loser(Cuadras) can sit back and wait for his chance at the championship again without even having to fight, WBC is that way with Mexicans.
        And dont forget deontayduckus wilderquackus getting preferential treatment, Danny "Tropical Mexican " Garcia or the Head Ghetto Clown, just to name a few.....yeah the wbc is suspect....I personally had cuadras defeating chocolate but at least HBO matches them tough and we as fans get to enjoy the fireworks ....
        Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 01-10-2017, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X