Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Career Plan For 2017 is Outlined By Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Someone get My Low Place a tissue....but make sure it's not white....

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I don't like HBO's exclusivity contracts, but Kovalev's only became a problem making this fight because Haymon wanted it to be a problem. He obviously values Stephenson's WBC and lineal titles more than Jacob's WBA "regular" belt.

Yvon Michel was happy with the deal Stephenson had been offered. He didn't propose a shared PPV while negotiating with Duva, and I presume that was because he knew it would be a deal breaker.
      u dumbarse fugger..he signed the contract while asking to be the mando you **** face..that is the reason he's fulla **** his hbo came out and said they were not going to punish them if he took the fight..

Comment

I don't like HBO's exclusivity contracts, but Kovalev's only became a problem making this fight because Haymon wanted it to be a problem. He obviously values Stephenson's WBC and lineal titles more than Jacob's WBA "regular" belt.

Yvon Michel was happy with the deal Stephenson had been offered. He didn't propose a shared PPV while negotiating with Duva, and I presume that was because he knew it would be a deal breaker.
        That is unfair of you. Duva made the decision to abandon the mando spot after she resigned with HBO. You can't blame that on Haymon dude.

Comment

Fight Joe Smith Jr!!!! Dont be a punk as biatch!

Comment

The HBO exclusivity became a problem the moment that it became clear that Showtime was there with money for the fight (and big fights in general).

That led to the initial Golden Boy push out, that led to the disparaging of Floyd Mayweather Jr, that's led to Duva running from the Stevenson fight, that's led to K2 paying Jacobs his price within days of the bid, etc.

HBO wasn't willing to sign Stevenson to a longterm deal (like they did with Kovalev) that Stevenson was ready to accept, GYM went out to the open market and find Stevenson a far better deal with Showtime, GYM offered HBO the chance to match said deal, and HBO passed.

HBO is no longer the only broadcaster putting significant money behind boxing, and that's ****ed over their "take our offer or walk" proposal that's driven their boxing focus for the last 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              If Stevenson does fight three times, he may end up fighting Joe Smith Jr (Star Boxing fighter, with good relationships with Haymon and no seeming enemies).

Fight 1: Alvarez-Bute winner
              Fight 2: (possibly Joe Smith Jr)
              Fight 3: Ward-Kovalev II winner to unify the division

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                Now he's riding Smith's crotch.

Them Ricans and their d*cksucking ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Someone get My Low Place a tissue....but make sure it's not white....
                  Give Jsmooth a dog to eat...but make sure it's not Black.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    That is unfair of you. Duva made the decision to abandon the mando spot after she resigned with HBO. You can't blame that on Haymon dude.

get kafkod a tissue..... any color will do

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      The HBO exclusivity became a problem the moment that it became clear that Showtime was there with money for the fight (and big fights in general).

That led to the initial Golden Boy push out, that led to the disparaging of Floyd Mayweather Jr, that's led to Duva running from the Stevenson fight, that's led to K2 paying Jacobs his price within days of the bid, etc.

HBO wasn't willing to sign Stevenson to a longterm deal (like they did with Kovalev) that Stevenson was ready to accept, GYM went out to the open market and find Stevenson a far better deal with Showtime, GYM offered HBO the chance to match said deal, and HBO passed.

HBO is no longer the only broadcaster putting significant money behind boxing, and that's ****ed over their "take our offer or walk" proposal that's driven their boxing focus for the last 15 years.

but let's insinuate that Haymon is at fault, because..... well, just because

Kovalev aint scared of Stevenson, but he did (directly or indirectly) avoid that fight..... unless Duva works for Stevenson?

Comment

Working...
                      X