Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: It's Better To Lose Than Win The Way Andre Ward Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Nobody denied Ward abilities on this fckin board.

He sure is overrated, I heard some guy saying he's a mix of Floyd and Nard.

Ward never was beating Kovalev and I warned people on this board, Kova can punch but can box pretty well too.

Kovalev is the better boxer IMO at 175, and would obviously win the exchanges wich happened.

So Ward as the fox and great competitor he's avoided to exchange/box with Kova and fought a dirty fight, made it a competitive fight.

Well, thanks to the US ref and judges, because Ward was never gonna win this fight outside of the US.

Look, I'm not american, I'm kinda TIRED of US fighters ALMOST always getting the nods of the competitive superfights because they took place in the US.
    (you obviously have counter exemples like Nard vs Joe C)

Kova hardly collected his 3 belts and had to give it to a man who never clearly beat him.

Dude is obviously bitter.
    no ur bitter the fight could have went either way the bitter ones are the ones yelling robbery, chavez sweet pea was a robbery this was a close fight that could go either way, now u guys call him a coward and he just got out of the ring with him, all of your personal feelings about american judges and all that is ur own problem hopefully u work that out

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Not really, since he's saying he only needs to train for a more explosive finish because he can't get a decision against an American Olympic gold medalist.

He can both think he should have won, which is quite clear, and think he needs to drain for a longer more active fight.

Because for him, just winning isn't enough. Even as champ he had to blow Ward out to have any chance at getting the cards.
      No, he just had to win

Comment

• It's not better to lose when you have a man hurt off a jab, knock him down and then fail to finish the fight. On top of that, you gas, you let him get in and dictate more than the 2nd half of the fight. I applaud him sticking to his guns and believing he won, but it was close.

I would love to see a rematch. Regardless if he would've gotten the decision or not in the first fight

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Sergey Kovalev (30-1, 26 KOs) is very motivated to get his career back in order in 2017. In November, Kovalev suffered his first career defeat when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Andre Ward at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. All three judges scored the fight 114-113 for Ward. In the process Kovalev lost his IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight titles.
          [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• winning > losing
            (gifts included)

i dont know of any exceptions (reversals dont count)

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              no ur bitter the fight could have went either way the bitter ones are the ones yelling robbery, chavez sweet pea was a robbery this was a close fight that could go either way, now u guys call him a coward and he just got out of the ring with him, all of your personal feelings about american judges and all that is ur own problem hopefully u work that out
              No , no stop it with "you guys", I never called him a coward.

I disagree with that "could have gone either way",

It "shouldn't have gone Ward's way" in my opinion, and that's my opinion.

That's not my problem, that's a real problem for foreign fighters to get a fair shake when they fight an US fighter.

Ward loses that fight out the US, definitely.

Comment

No , no stop it with "you guys", I never called him a coward.

I disagree with that "could have gone either way",

It "shouldn't have gone Ward's way" in my opinion, and that's my opinion.

That's not my problem, that's a real problem for foreign fighters to get a fair shake when they fight an US fighter.

Ward loses that fight out the US, definitely.
                then the US fans will say its because the judges were from Russia, I hope the rematch happens will be very intense ward looked old tho, kov gassed, we shall see

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  then the US fans will say its because the judges were from Russia, I hope the rematch happens will be very intense ward looked old tho, kov gassed, we shall see
                  I never said Russia, but "out of the US", Ward loses that fight in mejico, Germany, UK.

Comment

I never said Russia, but "out of the US", Ward loses that fight in mejico, Germany, UK.
                    well he won in the U.s. For now so we will have to see what happens next

Comment

• Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                      I'm a huge Kovalev fan,but it's time to move on. He's starting to sound very similar to el piss mouth from down there in Mexico.
                      Correct.

The decision is the decision, let's get to the rematch ASAP please.

Comment

Working...
                      X